Pajamas in Public?

Guest Anony46

Guest Anony46

I apologize in advance if I've been living under a rock but I've just noticed an unusual phenomenon.

Where I live, we have a large amount of Hispanics in the population. Recently, I've begun noticing that some of them are wearing their pajamas in public. Not sweatpants - Pajamas.

Did I miss the memo somewhere? Is this a trend elsewhere? Is there some sort of hidden "statement" in wearing pajamas in public? This looks incredibly dorky. For now, I've just seen them on fat Hispanic women but I have a suspicion that this might extend beyond gender, ethnic & fitness lines.

Any intel on this phenomenon is appreciated.

Well, if you only see it on fat Hispanic women, I'm willing to bet they just don't give a care and wear what's comfortable wherever they go. However, there has been more than one occasion where I've found myself in class in my pajama pants, a t-shirt, and flip-flops. Hangover days aren't good on the whole "waking up" thing and in college (at least the one I went to) nobody cares/everybody understands and is equally attired.

I usually throw on a jacket and some shoes, but I have a tendancy to wear my jammies when I sulk to the nearby coffeeshop where my friend works on the morning. He's not usually picked about dress, and mine aren't that auspicious anyway. Hell, at that point, I haven't even showered yet. It's a good life. :-P

I have a trusty pair of gray pajama pants that I call my Grayboys. When it's cold I also have a flannel robe. However, if I'm too lazy to go out in anything more than PJ's, it's just the Grayboys, a pair of flip-flops, and a plain white T-Shirt or something. Of course, that was just back in college when I did this and it was only to class or maybe a quick midnight run to the store or something for some soap or ramen noodles. I don't do it anymore, really. Must be part of the whole "living back at home" thing. Now that my room has to be clean before I leave the house again, it's not really that much more trouble to shower and put on real pants.

If I've ever worn my pajamas outside the house, it's because I was too tired to notice. I don't *think* I've ever done it before. Unless you count the times where I've never bothered to change before going to bed, and then never bothering to change upon waking up. Ah, don't you just love deodorant? :D :) (Ugh, :()

-Vroom

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here in the redneck side of Cali, it's a trend that's been going on for a while, but as for the ethnic diversity...well, we don't have any. When I graduated, there was one (and I'm going to offend someone no matter how I phrase it) person of African decent in my entire high school.

It's a look that's better on girls than guys, but a confident guy with a generic pattern can pull it off.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sad to say that the whole public pajamas thing has breeched our quarantine restrictions and infected us in Australia.

I would say that this disease is most common amongst in women below thirty. Unfortunatly it also seems to have spread to all those on very low income and parts of the the redneck community aswell.

On any given day I can goto our local supermarket and see at least two poor souls that have this plague. Normally it will be of the full body flanel variety of this disease but on occasion I have been to horrified by the sight of someone who suffers from the more advanced form, morbidus superpondus somnusinduviae (morbidly overweight sleep clothes).

Come on people a 200kg hairy buttcrack cannot be tamed by 20cm of cotton (or silk) boxers.

Now that this subject is out in the open i feel that there should also be some disscussion regarding the wearing of slippers, bedsocks or uggboots in public. Forgive me if this seems like a rant.

In my opinion the general rule would be no. I will be a bit more leanent than those trying to wear their pjs in public by granting a few exceptions but I am a firm believer that slippers, bedsocks or uggboots should be worn in private residence.

Exception 1. Those who can legitimately claim mental illness such as dementia will be granted a pardon no questions asked.

Exception 2. Those who live in areas where the temprature is regularly smegging cold. 20 Degrees Celcius does not qualify! 10 would be the maximum before consideration will be given. 0 or below is acceptable.

Exception 3. Children under the age of 10.

So what do yo all think?