New SQ7 beta thread

Spikey

One two, one two...

Give us SQ7CD (SQ7 by Colin Davis), WTF!!! SQ inc will be, SQ2 VGA will be! SQ12 will be! But SQ7 won't, because it's sequel and because the developers fear wrath of Activision?..

And they made ChronX, in compare with even SQ7CD trailer it's strange bullshit (I played it...). And ChronX must prove to publishers that THESE GUYS can create official SQ7?! YOU ARE CRAZY?!!!

Colin, you must release SQ7CD!!! By right or wrong (anyway). It's your life project! Your lil duty to hungry fans!!!

It's your child. WTF you were creating it?!! For cancelling?!! Don't drop it on 80%. Fuck this Negovision to ass.

Deceive Nego. By patch or something.

SQ Inc became Inc, and no problem. Let's rename the project to Space Quad 7 (Space Qu 7).

And then when all noises will be silent, there'll be renaming patch.

Life is one. Projects of this level must not die. Especially because of Vivendi or Activision.

Don't bury me

Posted Image

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One two, one two...

Give us SQ7CD (SQ7 by Colin Davis), WTF!!! SQ inc will be, SQ2 VGA will be! SQ12 will be! But SQ7 won't, because it's sequel and because the developers fear wrath of Activision?..

And they made ChronX, in compare with even SQ7CD trailer it's strange bullshit (I played it...). And ChronX must prove to publishers that THESE GUYS can create official SQ7?! YOU ARE CRAZY?!!!

Colin, you must release SQ7CD!!! By right or wrong (anyway). It's your life project! Your lil duty to hungry fans!!!

It's your child. WTF you were creating it?!! For cancelling?!! Don't drop it on 80%. Fuck this Negovision to ass.

Deceive Nego. By patch or something.

SQ Inc became Inc, and no problem. Let's rename the project to Space Quad 7 (Space Qu 7).

And then when all noises will be silent, there'll be renaming patch.

Life is one. Projects of this level must not die. Especially because of Vivendi or Activision.

Don't bury me

I'm confused, unless the gist of this post is "don't let SQ7 (the fan-made one) die." Unfortunately, it seems pretty cold and dead by this point, despite the few people out there hoping for a revival.

After SQ7CD was cancelled... I'm drunk always.

Maybe it just language barrier, unable to give a sudden wash of feelings)

I'll never understand Colin Davis & Co. And don't tell me about the absolutely correctness of their decision. SQ7CD must be.

Several months ago I compared SQ7CD with DNF (Duke)... But DNF was released, and it's not that Duke... So maybe I idealize SQ7CD. Damn.

ChronX is bullshit. Colin Davis lost. Fans suck Negovision balls. I so hate this...

I hate that you all went down due to Full Destroyer. Maybe after LSL1 HD we'll get SQ1 HD... But no, rights to SQ are belong to Nego.

You are like a country that encountered by evil aliens. And you, knights, drop your swords down. You resigned.

SQ is not just mind creation, it's ... our dream. So tell - 'Yes, we can!'

p.s. SQ depression)

Maybe it just language barrier, unable to give a sudden wash of feelings)

Aye, I'd say that's the issue here.

Colin and the SQ7 team can't release their work, because to do so would place them in legal hot water. Now, I don't know the specifics, but I seem to recall Colin saying that he currently works in the video game industry. Aside from risking getting his pants sued off if he released SQ7, he'd also be placing his job in jeopardy. What sort of developer would employ someone who's in legal trouble with the biggest publisher in the world?

We'd all like to play Space Quest 7, but there are bigger fish to fry. No one wants the SQ7 team to face legal trouble, and as much as I'd like to play a new Space Quest, it's just not worth the amount of trouble a release would cause.

I know there's a language barrier, but I'm still likening the nature of Sledgy's posts to that of a guy drunk-calling his ex-girlfriend at 4 in the morning.

Sledgy, just get over SQ7 already. You rant about this every other month and it's getting annoying. You're completely forgetting that we've repeatedly explained to you why the project can't be released. I even translated an explanation into Russian for you and you've forgotten.

If you're so hard-up for a SQ sequel, make your own game and not one of those one-screen things that you keep slapping together and uploading as jokes.

the_wilco - you mean Roger Wilco from the series, or some guy with the nick?

I'm just inadequate and crazy sometimes, it's my fish. But sometimes I overshoot.

But really I feel sometimes that I'm like Wilco)) But of course it's impossible, because it's not SQ and you're not Beatrice and Droole.

Or maybe I just have childhood in the pants as Datadog said. Or maybe you're very old and serious. Or maybe you're not Russians. Or maybe SQ is a humor thing, and you haven't sense of humor? Or maybe I'm just flooding now in this not-the-biggest-but-last SQ forum.

Full Destroyer has you

the_wilco was a guy who trolled Jess' old forum, the SubSpace Channel. His English was terrible, you never really knew what he wanted to post, but he kind of belonged there! Nobody ever found out who he was either.

I honestly think you're a little obsessed, Sledgy. Many have been that before you, but the heart of the matter is... these are just games. Life goes on without SQ7. And again, you're gonna get some awesome SQ games soon. As for your jokes and memes, well... you gotta ask yourself whether this is right place to keep posting that. People here aren't that serious, but for me, there's a long way from wrecking "Space Quest" stuff in MS Paint to something I think is really funny. I don't get this "Full Destroyer"-meme at all, and I don't think I'm alone there. That style of humour was just never that popular with this particular community...

You're probably a cool guy, but I honestly think you should put a little more thought into your posts. Believe me, I should know; English isn't my first language either, and when I look back at some of my first posts at the Subspace Channel (or here), I really cringe. It takes some effort from you, yeah, but you'll find people here to be worth that.

I see. But anyway it looks like boring and too grown-up reaction. Alas, I wasn't in the SubChan, maybe there were many funny guys.

You said you're not serious. But damn, you're so serious... You perceived my actions as thesis, as if there's an important science forum; not forum of a humour game.

But I see you. In the Russian SQ forum there's another, more young, soul of SQ fanaticism.

Meme 'Full Destroyer' I described in the appropriate thread. This 'creature' is some evil in the our real-life, who interferes with SQ fan creation and wants to destroy SQ community. This formless demon does things via people (e.g., via Vivendi guys). Many SQ fans didn't finish their works because of FD - he's an anti-muse in the SQ community. That's all. But also there's a antipode of FD - Janitorman, however all this isn't for this thread.

Ok, I got it. No jokes in the April Fools' Day style. Or rather Very dumb version of this Day :)))

Yeah, no more jokes from the Russian website, Sledgy. None of us visit that site, so we don't understand your jokes or pictures. Something similar happens on the "Cracked" forums where people are banned from Photoshop contests if they post stupid in-jokes from the 4Chan website - and I don't think you deserve to be banned at the moment. However, while the forums here aren't very active, I think a lot of us would still prefer it if you didn't fill the forums with crude drawings and immature humor. It looks bad on the rest of us for allowing it.

(And I don't think the "different countries" card can be played anymore, since I have it on a Russian friend's authority that she doesn't get Sledgy's jokes either.)

Your usage of the word "fanaticism" is part of the whole problem. We did have fanaticism for Space Quest, back when the community was young and there were still corporate rumblings regarding Space Quest 7. But the fact of the matter is that we've grown up. We can't continue to be fanatics, living Space Quest-obsessed lives. The fact that there are SQ fan games in the works with the very real potential to be released makes me happy and glad to still be a member of this community. But at the same time, I temper my enthusiasm with a healthy dose of realism. When I have those games on my hard drive, and their pixels glowing before my eyes, then I can let the fanboy out. Until then, I've used up all the excitement I had for Space Quest. Without anything new rocking our SQ worlds, without new people coming in and sharing new SQ experiences with us, we simply do not have anything to be fanatical about.

• 2 months later...

the_wilco was a guy who trolled Jess' old forum, the SubSpace Channel. His English was terrible, you never really knew what he wanted to post, but he kind of belonged there! Nobody ever found out who he was either...

Would you say that "the_wilco" ever went by the alternate nick "topper-is-back-and-really" or "spong"?

So you guys do believe that was him. I myself am pretty certain as well, though I ask because my memory is slightly hazy.

If such is the case, that they are the same person, I can tell you I did know at one point what his real name was, where he was from, and why he was the way that he was, though I'm not certain I could consider myself at liberty to point out such things in public, for reasons one would only understand after the explanation were made.

I can tell you though, he was never quite what you have believed.

Heh,

Well... I don't, as of today, have any problems with Alistair that I am aware of. I do hope he is doing well though. I never see him log in at this place anymore. I suppose he's just busy with life?

But, in case any curiosity has arisen to the matter, "No, I am not spong/the_wilco/topper or any of his equivalents, nor have I ever been."

If anyone wants to know what I'd have to say about "spong" (only good things, are what I have to say), you can send me a pm. After getting my response, you would understand why I can't post the explanation publicly.

Well, maybe "accused" is a little strong. He suspected at one point. That was a long time ago and I don't think he has that opinion anymore.

Alistair's actually good. I only ever see him post on the Quest Studios board anymore. Maybe on his SMC boards once in a blue moon, but I haven't been there in a while. Back when I offered to Frans to administrate and update the Janitorial Times forums Ali told me he would have loved to help me but real life is so busy that he only has time for SMC stuff anymore. I'm sure he has nothing against you.

Fair enough; yet if he does by chance have anything against me, let me just say I can empathize with my previous contribution to that. A good few years of working in various professional fields as well as exposure to the academic environment certainly helps sculpt you into a wiser and more articulate individual. We were both quite young when all that shit hit the fan.

Though, I'd have to maintain the opinion that it was a personality clash more than anything. We're both very passionate people, and I've come to learn over the years how much the same qualities that make me into a resilient, go-getting, leader-type can also cause me to act like the most stubborn, hard-headed, insulting p**** on the planet.

I had my points, and I had my sincerity, but in my foolish youth, in my over-concern for truth with a capital "T," I failed in my communication and in my cause. A person can be right, and still be incorrect in their method. In my lack of maturity, I made it more difficult for others to detect my sincerity (misfired though it was), hence why I can understand the possibility of myself have been mistaken for a troll.

But that is in the past now.

• 4 years later...

Not to my knowledge, that would go against everything they've said in the past. Not to mention I don't think he even has it all in a state that would be easy to release as a demo.

And Sledgy, stop posting false rumors. Last warning.