TV shows

pcj

I'm not going to hold my breath. Remakes, reboots, what have you, more often than not end up being piss poor attempts, just with more up to date special effects. I would really like to think that something good could come of it, but I have my reservations. I will, however, withhold my judgement until I see the end result.

I'm not really sure. I doubt they're going to get the old SG-1 together (except maybe as cameos), they had a good run. A new team (but set in the Milky Way again) would have potential, I think.

Not sure what to make of the app thing. It might just be a comic app continuing the storyline, which would be kind of lame. At least they're still wanting to use the property.

I'm not really sure. I doubt they're going to get the old SG-1 together (except maybe as cameos), they had a good run. A new team (but set in the Milky Way again) would have potential, I think.

I would not expect the original 4 would want to reprise their rolls. RDA I suspect wants to stay mostly retired. A completely new Stargate series could be good, if they went back to what made SG1 and Atlantis work. SGU strayed from it enough that it just didn't work nearly as well and certainly did not feel like a Stargate. I think you nailed it with the observation that they tried to mimic the BSG remake. That approach falls flat for a Stargate.

One of the things that made SG1 and Atlantis work was that it was not always about the Goa'uld, Ori and Wraith. There were plenty of shows that were of adventure, exploration and discovery without constant warfare. I do doubt that it would work to create another super enemy. The Goa'uld and the Ori were enough. In fact, I think that the Ori didn't work as well as the Goa'uld because the super villain idea had already played out. There are plenty of other ways to introduce antagonists to the narrative. How about having a series about establishing a permanent presence in the galaxy with outposts and colonies? The Aleutian Alliance could still be a thorn in Earth's side. They could run up against more empires/advanced civilizations for conflict.

My wife and I keep coming back to the same shows. We watch an awful lot of Futurama, Red Dwarf, Seinfeld, Black Books, Invader Zim and The Simpsons.

Really? Dang. I wish I had a girlfriend who would watch Invader Zim with me. My last one liked Futurama, but she kept getting this "...WTF?" look on her face every time Zim came on. :P

I'm a cartoon man at heart, so most of what I watch falls under that category. I watch a *lot* of everything on Adult Swim, mostly because my work schedule has me coming home late at night (and also because they're hilarious). I'm a big Futurama fan (yes, even after the revival and shift to Comedy Central), and I also rather like American Dad. I used to be a rabid Family Guy fan, but not so much anymore - the show seems to have taken a turn into some surprisingly dark territory in its latest seasons, and I'm finding that the humor and style of American Dad is more to my liking these days.

There are two shows I watch religiously, both of which are on The Hub - that channel from Hasbro. The first, of course, is Transformers Prime - I am a TransFan, after all. ;) It's got the dramatic sensibilities of a modern sci-fi show, the graphical aesthetics of the TF movies, and just the right balance of "episodic vs. arc-based" for my tastes.

The other show is Dan Vs., which I can only describe as "hilariously wrong". The gist of it: an angry little misanthrope of a man is constantly having Real Life and its frustrations personally wrong him, and retaliates with disproportionately grandiose and mean-spirited revenge plots. It's like My Name Is Earl, except the theme is "spiteful vengeance" instead of "well-meaning redemption". I like to call it the "Where Cap'n Ascii would have been by now if he hadn't met a girl and gotten over some deep-seated personal issues" Show. <_<

My wife and I keep coming back to the same shows. We watch an awful lot of Futurama, Red Dwarf, Seinfeld, Black Books, Invader Zim and The Simpsons.

We also used to have a fairly big crush on Scrubs, up until season 6 when things started to get a little too Grey's Anatomy for our tastes.

Red Dwarf :)

A brilliant show (Series 1-6 are the better ones IMO). I think of Rimmer trying to cheat on his Astro Navigation Exam by writing all the answers on his arm whenever I see Roger Wilco hopelessly attempting his questions in Space Quest V. Roger was a bit too lazy to be Arnold, but they both had high aspirations! One trying to escape being second technician while the other as Janitor 2nd class!

New series again this year but I felt they lost their magic waay back in series 7.

Red Dwarf :)

A brilliant show (Series 1-6 are the better ones IMO). I think of Rimmer trying to cheat on his Astro Navigation Exam by writing all the answers on his arm whenever I see Roger Wilco hopelessly attempting his questions in Space Quest V. Roger was a bit too lazy to be Arnold, but they both had high aspirations! One trying to escape being second technician while the other as Janitor 2nd class!

New series again this year but I felt they lost their magic waay back in series 7.

I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish, I am a fish...

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished season two of Walking Dead. It's really getting dire! I wonder what direction they'll go in the next season. Haven't read the books. I understand they are quite different to a degree, though.

They are different. For example - the SOMEONE WHO TURNS INTO A ZOMBIE (you should know who I mean) dies WAY before they actually turned in the show. A lot of it is very much the same (or the same general feeling to the story - obviously changed/altered for television). But there have been some differences.