Help us improve our Kickstarter! :)

ChrisPope

Finished! Gave some really detailed feedback haha. Love having this level of interaction with the game designers. So cool! Mostly talked about the importance of immersive, complex and detailed environments, more like the Gallaxy Galleria or Polysorbate 60. I want to be in locations for lengthy times exploring lots of interactive aspects of them and the nooks and crannies.

You guys should use Google Docs for these, the post-survey ad on these can be confusing ("Did I complete it? I don't know, maybe I need to register", etc). :)

I wondered the same... The only indication you've completed it is the URL, I think it said "thankyou" or something. But otherwise I wasn't sure if it was asking me to sign up to have my choices counted.

But it works anyway I guess!

*EDIT: However thank you for asking for our thoughts on this next prototype, this is greatly appreciated. I really feel like I'm able to input some ideas into the building of the new game*

Just on this:

Music like the Gallaxy Galleria or Polysorbate 60.

I know this is personal preference, but could you have picked two worse examples of music from those games. ;)

Gave a basic response myself, saw it on Scott's FB.

Just on this:

I know this is personal preference, but could you have picked two worse examples of music from those games. ;)

Gave a basic response myself, saw it on Scott's FB.

Haha you know what? I didn't even mean to write the word music. I can't even remember what the music is like in those locations by memory. I meant to write the word 'more'. I would like to see 'more' complex, immersive environments like those two places with lots of nooks and crannies to explore and interact with. Those two locations stand out to me as the two most exciting and immersive out of all six games. All comes down to detail.

OK. In that case, I agree with you 100%! I love both of those locations and think the immersiveness and the culture you have in those locales, especially Poly LX, is excellent. Really puts you in the "janitorial duds" of RW.

I'll give you a great way to improve the Kickstarter, Chris- don't use a survey that asks specific questions. You need more open ended questions so that people can tell you what they actually want, rather than ranking specific things while others are left out.

I felt like I was responding to my favourites from your selections (lesser of 2 evil sort of principle), rather than actually telling you what I *wanted*.

To answer a couple of things. First off, the survey system is a paid system. It is only free up to the first 50. I have experience using google docs, but when you put the kind of load that we were putting on it, google docs falls apart. We had almost 400 people filling it out at once during a 5 minute period. The other small issue, to address @Spikey. We had to limit responses a bit in order to give them enough thought. the responses also needed to be a bit controlled due to the fact that some of the people out there think its fun to try and sabotage what we are doing. I make sure things go through Scott and Mark always, but if I bring them over 9000 pages of responses that are all over the board, they'll spend hours looking at that, and not hours working on game concept stuff..

I hope you guys know that we are putting alot of thought into things. Nothing is just seat of the pants. I know it may seam like that sometimes, and for that, I apologize. But I do promise you, everything is discussed before things happen. There are reasons why things are the way they are sometimes. Let me also say though, that mistakes are still made. Even with alot of help from the wonderful fan community, things do get missed, so please know that I apreciate all the feedback! I wouldn't ask for it if I didn't want it :)

Why not enough press? Actually we have tons of interviews lined up, but due to a reason that I'd rather not post just yet, I had to wait until tomorrow to begin the press campaigning. Eventually once the Two Guys are cool with it, I'll let you guys know why all that has worked out a certain way. Thanks again guys for all the feedback!

I'm a fan of the kickstarter campaign! Someone else mentioned it too: it's just about one of the best ones that has been run!

For example: it started with the kickstarter page, and it was loaded with pencil sketches, not to mention the video.

Then these pencil sketches came alive via the game prototype! Good stuff

Chris, there has been some vocal Kickstarter thread dialogue (perhaps minority, but still...) regarding filling in some gaps between the upper reward tiers. I'm super pleased that the number one and two requests for tier modification have been met (that is, addition of digital downloads to physical tiers, and additional tiers under $100), and it is clear that they are gaining in popularity. But that doesn't address the upper tier gaps.

The obvious gap-filler would be mid-level tiers which combine physical and digital rewards, for example as the two $100 reward tiers combine at $150 (half again), the same would be great at $750 and $1500. In fact, I personally suggested the $1500 tier ($1K P+D), on Kickstarter and was told that it was a great idea by whomever it is that answers KS messages (probably you, yeah?).

At last count, four folks are strongly interested in the this proposed $750 tier that are at $500-$515. So, introducing at least that tier gets you another $2K, essentially now. I'd imagine that the $1500 tier would be similar; I'd imagine that a couple of the $1000 backers feel a bit boxed in and would like an easily justifiable sub-$5K path to increasing their pledge.

This may seem like Kickstarter tier wankery, but your backers take it very seriously.