Diablo III

JamonBull

Can't afford it right now, but I'll probably cave in and get it at some point. It annoys me a bit that there's no demo readily available; I'm not sure my laptop can even handle it.

Fantasy doesn't really grab me, and neither do most RPGs, but "Diablo II" was a welcome exception. If the sequel is as good, I'd probably enjoy that too.

I have it downloaded and installed, but I need to order a game key so I can log in :P I'll probably by it on Sunday when i get paid..

I remember a thread on the SuBChan where we talked about D2- there were a lot of players!!

Diablo III is a very fun game. If you enjoyed the first two (or just want to do some brainless hacking, with a pretty cool storyline on the side) - this is the game for you. It's NOT as creepy as Diablo I or II were... the ambient music doesn't creep me out and make me feel the need to turn on every light in the house when I got from my computer to the bathroom (LOL), but it's definitely a fun game. I am barely into it (Defeated the Skeleton King, for those who are playing to know where I am) - but the game definitely seems to favor the players, giving them (at least the barbarian) a strong character that can take an onslaught of mobs (unlike the first two where having healing potions lined up was critical). That may, of course, change in harder levels.

• 1 month later...

Level 33 Demon Hunter on Nightmare difficulty right now. Good but Normal was WAY too easy. The difficulty level Nightmare has is what Normal should have been. I died less than five times in the 28 hours it took me to defeat the game. The final boss was the only one who was remotely difficult to beat. Azmodan was a joke and I didn't even lose one bit of health while fighting him.

The game is way too easy on Normal, agreed. I'm about halfway through Act 2 and it's very fun though. I like how it's a more fleshed out game than D2, with random events when you return somewhere and things like that.

Stellar, you might want to edit your spoiler in that post, too :)

It looks pretty fun, and a number of my gaming buddies seem to love it. The only problem that I have with it, is the requirement for a constant internet connection for single player mode, but i'll probably still try it ;).

That's exactly what turned me off. It offends my sensibilities, even if I am online most of the time. Sets a bad precedent, so don't want to encourage it. Power play by companies coveting more and more power over players.

The reason for being online always is pretty simple.

People hacked the hell (no pun intended) out of Diablo II, before they had the secure Battle.net servers. So you'd have people in ungoldly armor and weapons.

This new version of being online always is an attempt to block those forms of hacks and bots and what not.

Since I have a cable modem that is online all the time anyway; it makes no difference to me.

As a side note, beat it with my second character this weekend.