Did anyone else see this movie? I thought it was pretty awesome, myself. I will confess that I never read any comic books growing up, but I still really enjoy the Marvel movies, and I honestly think that this is their best one yet. It has great action, humor and pacing, and it is just pure fun from from beginning to end. I did notice one thing that seemed like a plot hole to me, but I won't mention it here, since maybe you all didn't see the movie yet. Also, it is the first movie I saw in imax, which was interesting, but not really as big of a deal as I expected.

Oh, the Avengers has holes that would put Swiss cheese to shame, an antagonist that was written thinner than tracing paper (a shame, considering the strength of his last outing) and Jedi Jackson swapping his robe for an eyepatch and calling it a different character... but I didn't care!!! Great humour, great action, great balance between the main protagonists... a pleasing flick that somehow manged to be thoroughly entertaining for almost two and a half hours. In short... a lot of fun.

Now, Joss Wheadon, use your heightened powers for even greater good... demand they let you bring back Firefly. :)

This movie to me, was flawless.

It had everything. it has character development. It had banter. It had action. It had dialogue. It had explosions. It had beautiful women (Black Widow) and gorgeous men (for the ladies). This movie had it all.

I couldn't even begin to descibe the awesome it contains without breaking the posting length.

I enjoyed it. It got a lot of thrills and laughs out of me for sure. I did have some minor gripes though.

I was sad to see Agent Coulson die. I realise films like these need a sacrificial lamb, and that the Avengers needed a catalyst that would make them work together, but I really didn't want that guy to go. It somehow didn't feel needed at that point, and I was hoping we'd get to see him exchanging more wisecracks with Tony Stark in "Iron Man 3." A shame, in my opinion.

Secondly, this was something my girlfriend brought up: during the final battle, there was not one single second where it didn't look like the Avengers were being beaten. I've come to agree with that, and I think it's a major flaw in the recent Marvel films that I have watched. Specifically, the Iron Monger and Whiplash give up the ghost way too quickly in the first two "Iron Man" films. I know these guys are going win - they're the heroes, dammit! So I kinda miss those days where films would truly make you doubt if you were betting on the wrong horse. We've all thought "Ooh, he's not getting out of this alive" about Batman, Luke Skywalker, Indiana Jones etc. You don't get to think that anymore; it seems like the current trend is that the good guys should win before the battle is even over. Tony Stark's attempted sacrifice was beautifully executed, but I wanted to see higher stakes for everyone, and I want villains that are more than cannon fodder.