Adventure game needs HELP!

piit

This project seems to be fantastic! Only a few days left to get this cool game funded:

http://www.kickstart...-adventure-game

It's great that we have Double Fine, Space Venture, Fedora and so on so let's help these guys to do it as well!

Dude, there's a thread here just for promoting other crowd-sourced game projects. Let's do it that way, shall we?

In their defense, they're probably doing what many of us did to promote SpaceVenture and find the right section of the forum (without always looking for a thread with the same theme) to promote a project. (Since they only have 2 posts here, that'd be my guess). When I went on a SpaceVenture promoting spree, I was all over MANY forums, looking for their general / off topic chatter section, and then posting about Spaceventure without looking to see if there was a "Post all your Kickstarter" topic already.

In their defense, they're probably doing what many of us did to promote SpaceVenture and find the right section of the forum (without always looking for a thread with the same theme) to promote a project.

Actually, they posted it in the wrong forum. I moved it here.

Damn guys! Perhaps a picture of Roger having been twisted into a pretzel by the predator of SQ2 would have been more funny? I mean, it's not that far-fetched/unheard-of for people to be tracked down and shot by a stranger due to online activity/interactions. Do we really need to scare the guy half-to-death :D

Yeah, that's what I meant. :blush:

I'll be honest, the Space Quest series ranks up there with my favorite films of all time, like Jurassic Park, Star Wars (the original trilogy), and Independence Day. As such, they all came to this point (quite a few years ago), when playing them (or watching the movies aforementioned) would only feel like propelling myself with my legs as I walk. So second nature and familiar, that the original emotional high had been drained out of it.

Therefore, I tried not watching Jurassic Park for about 10 years (I'm not kidding), and every time I come back to it, it's still just not the same. This is the price I pay for overindulgence in my youth; for having watched the piss out of it, like 5 times a day, from age 9 until 12.

As for Space Quest, I'm afraid I haven't forgotten all the puzzles yet, so I'm trying to hold out longer before I start playing them through again. I fear it may not have been long enough as of yet. :D