Superfan Hangout Thread

Well, that was ... interesting. ;)

Great fun to see Chris again; Sam got the short stick as usual; Akril did her thing; Jess popped in for a surprise (and I forgot to say goodbye) ... so I think a good time was had by all, but we had a terrible time with the connection (had to restart three times) and our special guest (LordKat) was unable to join for some peculiar reason.

Fred suggested we do this again some time and do it right. I agree.

Guess that's the most logical option. Cool fans he's gotten himself there.

Disabling the comments might be a good idea, if it becomes a reccuring issue. I'm not offended by those comments, but life is so much easier when you don't have to deal with douchebags.

Those comments almost look like spam. Or somebody drunk-commenting. I'd say it's safe to delete anything that doesn't make sense.

What really bugs me is that after the Hangout, all the games I was trying to install suddenly started working. So for future events, I highly recommend getting your games running before the Hangout starts.

What really bugs me is that after the Hangout, all the games I was trying to install suddenly started working. So for future events, I highly recommend getting your games running before the Hangout starts.

I'll definitely plan on doing that next time. For some inexplicable reason, when I was running Hoyle 3, the screen was positioned about 5 pixels too low in the DOSbox window. If I wanted to move a particularly small game piece, I'd have to click five pixels above it.

And now I'm kicking myself for not bringing up The Black Cauldron during the "non-linear gameplay" discussion. It's probably the most non-linear game Sierra ever made -- multiple paths, multiple puzzle solutions and multiple endings as well.

Hmm, tricky one. I'm somewhat game for the 23rd, but my Wi-Fi adapter is still acting up quite often. As I did last time, I can tether from my phone without using more bandwidth than my data plan allows, but I'm not sure if it's the best connection for something like this. At least, I got the impression it wasn't up to snuff last time.

Make of that what you will. If the rest of you decide to do it on the 23rd, I can be there, but I'd personally prefer to wait till March where I'll have purchased a proper Wi-Fi adapter...