Superfan Hangout Thread

I made suggestion on yonder Google Plus page that the next hangout could be either about maybe the Sierra adventure game series as a whole (both music, story, and gameplay) or the Space Quest minigames/arcade sequences... though I suppose the SQ Olympics already covered that.

As an avid Sierra gamer, I'd quite like to do justice to Conquests Of The Longbow and Colonel's Bequest.

Count me in for a non-SQ Sierra Hangout. Should we all choose a game or series we want to talk about? Then share gameplay footage and discuss?

Jess

I would probably go for just one game, but you all know I'm very much a gamehopper :P

I was originally thinking about some of the Sierra games I haven't played (there are lots), but given that the most logical choices have been taken by people that are more qualified to talk about them, I'm thinking about playing/disucssing LSL3 or 5. It's been a while since I played an LSL game and those two are my favourite series entries. Sophomoric as it often is, Sierra's "other" big comedy series definitely needs to be represented. And I have a horrible feeling either game will go very well with my usual Hangout antics...

I call EcoQuest. Now I just have to find a place to install it from...my computer doesn't have a floppy drive anymore.

Ooh, that game has some rooms that totally look like some in Space Quest 4.5!

It'll be great to see someone play through KQ5. In my opinion, that's a game that's fun to watch someone play (e.g. ShadyParadox)... not nearly as fun to play it by one's self. I don't know if that's a schadenfreude thing.

I was originally thinking about some of the Sierra games I haven't played (there are lots), but given that the most logical choices have been taken by people that are more qualified to talk about them, I'm thinking about playing/disucssing LSL3 or 5. It's been a while since I played an LSL game and those two are my favourite series entries. Sophomoric as it often is, Sierra's "other" big comedy series definitely needs to be represented. And I have a horrible feeling either game will go very well with my usual Hangout antics...

Hey, that's a perfect fit. And yes, I know that's what she said.

I'd play KQ5, but I only own the CD version. Which isn't worth much without sound.

Actually, it isn't worth much with sound either, but at least it's funnier.

Oh, and thank you for the info, Brandon. Seriously, is there really no such thing is abandonware? You just redefined my teenage years, man. Anyway, I'll be removing the link.

Seconded. These hangouts seem to keep getting better and better.

I'm very glad you think so! I'm having a blast myself and I'm so thrilled we get to finally meet, face-to-face (sort of), and just have a laugh. If only we had been this privileged back in 1997.

Edit: Er, by "we," I mean all us Space Quest fans. Just trying to shake the stalker image, is all.

As for what game for the Hangout? I'm going to play the shit out of Jones in the Fast Lane! :D

Edited by Troels Pleimert

Should we all choose a game or series we want to talk about? Then share gameplay footage and discuss?

Yeah, I think the idea is to just play it as we did the "Other Favorites" Hangout. Just pick a game to start out with and play it until you get bored and switch to a different game. ;)

I, for one, don't think I can fill up 4 hours of just playing Jones. Unless we figure out a way to get other Superfans to play with me.

Actually, now that I think about it, the more Sierra games we can squeeze in, the better. Sierra had a wide and varied history that just takes ages to cover. I think we should try not to stray from core Sierra, however -- no Coktel Vision, no Dynamix, or whatever else they had going back then. That'll just confuse things even further. ;)