Pledge Quest II: Noodle Shop of Horrors has arrived!

Yeah, that was really, really weird. Twitter said my tweet with the link was "too long; you'll have to be more clever." And so I out-clevered it with my, um, cleverness!

Apart from that, I've plastered it all over the Google+ page, the Space Quest group on Facebook -- and someone should really write a SQN front page news post about it. ;) (Okay, okay, I'll do it, but I'm off to a meeting in 15 minutes, so it'll have to be later today. I SAID LATER! Don't make me turn this spaceship around.)

At this point you must be tired of the continuous tongue bath I'm giving you and Akril, but really, this thing is fantastic.

This is one of the few adventure games (not counting "The Dik") that has made me laugh out loud. You guys did a brilliant job - there's just so much unadulterated fun packed into these three rooms. So my sincere congratulations - you deserve all the praise you can get :)

You're a great team, obviously. Any plans to do non-"Pledge Quest" games?

Thanks for the incredibly kind words, everyone. I'm really thrilled that people are enjoying the game so far. :D

There's an updated version (1.1) posted at PledgeQuest.Net that fixes a small bug discovered by pcj. If anyone comes across any other problems, just let us know.

Thanks! For now, we're still recuperating from this project. If only we knew somebody with a time machine, maybe she could tell us what the future holds...

Jess

PQ 2 was alot of fun! The storyline actually reminds me of an idea for a fanfic I had many many years ago (1999!) that involved Sludge Vohaul using a time machine to erase the SQ series and have it renamed "Vohaul's Conquest" and a friend and I being tasked to set things right. And I also at one point had an idea for a time travel story that involved a time traveling toilet...so great minds do indeed think alike! :D

If y'all ever need any ideas for PQ3 (or even another beta tester!) hit me up sometime! :D

Thank you very much for the feedback, everyone! I'm glad to hear that everyone is enjoying the game.

Leaving the issue of our current post-release exhaustion out of the equation at the moment, I'm not sure what other sort of game we could collaborate on. But who knows -- maybe we might be inspired to do something non-Pledge Quest/Space Quest related someday.

Way awesome, Akril!

I'm so impressed with you two (and no, you don't have to go being modest and crediting Jess, as usual! I already gave him kudos via PM, so there :P ).

Funny story; I really don't play games in front of my toddler for a number of reasons (being not even 3yrs old, we've pretty much completely eschewed violent imagery in front of her, for the time being), but I felt I was under a time crunch for Linux, and wanted to play through PQII thoroughly for testing. So, she crawls out of the beanbag chair and hops up on the couch next to me, staring intently at the game... this time I let her watch.

It was pretty funny hearing her commentary along with the game (for example, nearly every time I brought up the inventory, she'd ask "Where is the girl? Where did she go, Papa? I can't see her.", etc., ad infinium). I finally began positioning Bea to the left of the inventory before raising it, every time. She remarked about the "funny cat" because of the spoiler on his face, and how silly it was that he was spoiler on top of spoiler! At one point she asked frankly whether or not Bea was learning to pee in the toilet like a big girl, in an unexpected reflection of what is important in her little world at present. :) The biggest surprise was when I replied that Bea was going to travel spoiler spoil... and had zero questions back, as if doing so made all the sense in the world.

The crux is that PQII was her first adventure game, from beginning to end, and she loved it. Especially all the fish jokes. ;)

Thanks! For now, we're still recuperating from this project. If only we knew somebody with a time machine, maybe she could tell us what the future holds...

Jess

Heck, a time machine would be great just for rewinding every day you spend working on a fan game, so you would have all the time you need, and would never even need to announce a release date (of course, you'd probably have to carry the source code and resources with you inside the time machine, but that shouldn't be too difficult, no?)

(sighs...) If only we all had time machines.

Treasure your Akril, Jess. :)

I think she did much more than artwork, and also, I'm pretty sure I saw some commission rates posted on her Deviantart page or website once upon a time... I suspect she'd assist your evil plot as a hired mercenary! ;)

I think she did much more than artwork, and also, I'm pretty sure I saw some commission rates posted on her Deviantart page or website once upon a time... I suspect she'd assist your evil plot as a hired mercenary! ;)

While I do take commissions (well, technically I've only taken one so far), I'm still willing to make exceptions for members of relatively small fandoms that I'm also part of (it depends what sort of art/animation I'm being asked to make).

Yeah, she did a lot more than the artwork, but that's the stuff I'm most impressed with. :) Also, I don't want to hire her. She would then have the option of quitting! Besides, I couldn't afford to pay anyone in anything except for abuse.

I try not to quit any project I get involved with without a very good reason, though I might get slowed down because of other commitments. I had a lot of stuff going on during the development of PQ2, which really dragged out the whole thing. (Pledge Quest II was 3 months in the making, but it's barely a third as large as Adventure: The Inside Job, which took me about 6 months to make.)

Speaking of art, I've got a few pieces of PQ2 concept art I need to upload once I get back to my place.

EDIT: And I'm sorry I forgot to bring it up when I first posted this message, but that story about your daughter was adorable, s_d. Thank you for sharing it. (Also, thanks to everyone who's spreading the news about the game!)