What role do you think the Two Guys will play?

Sir Procestuous

Scott and Mark mentioned that the Two Guys from Andromeda will most likely be featured in SpaceVenture. What part in the story do you see them playing?

I have a theory that Ace will be sent to their house to unclog their toilet (He first needs to disguise himself using a Twinkie) then ultimately ends up serving them drinks! :P

Dudes, we all played the same 100K demo games... Ace has to go on a service call to see the Guys. Maybe not on Isla Dome, but definitely somewhere. In fact, if they continue to be such an ass to him, the Guys may (ironically!) end up having Ace dish out as good as he receives ;)

How hilarious would it be for Scott & Mark to write in their own "roasting"!

Scott and Mark have always been "victims" in their own games ... and always have some despondent attitude when they get rescued. SQ3 being the prime example, where you have to save them from Elmo Pug, only to have Mark whine about how hungry he is. ;) I'd imagine their role in SpaceVenture would be something similar; e.g. Scott's stuck in the bathroom and you have to help Mark rewire the door controls to get him out.

Dudes, we all played the same 100K demo games... Ace has to go on a service call to see the Guys. Maybe not on Isla Dome, but definitely somewhere. In fact, if they continue to be such an ass to him, the Guys may (ironically!) end up having Ace dish out as good as he receives ;)

How hilarious would it be for Scott & Mark to write in their own "roasting"!

A fair interpretation, though I didn't see Ace's being employed/summoned by the Guys in the prototype as automatic verification that such a scenario would play out in SpaceVenture. Of course, I certainly have no problem if he does wind up being their little chore boy, and I agree it would be quite amusing. :)

Scott and Mark have always been "victims" in their own games ... and always have some despondent attitude when they get rescued. SQ3 being the prime example, where you have to save them from Elmo Pug, only to have Mark whine about how hungry he is. ;) I'd imagine their role in SpaceVenture would be something similar; e.g. Scott's stuck in the bathroom and you have to help Mark rewire the door controls to get him out.

Oh really?

You mean always victims as in the one time they appeared as characters in their games (SQ3), and always despondent as in the one time they behaved such in their games (SQ3; whereas, appearing in SQ1VGA they were smartass Madden-pun commentators, in SQ4 they were smarmy-cool "see-you-on-the-chronostream" game exit hosts, and in the remaining games they did not appear), and always when they get rescued as in the one time they got rescued (SQ3)...?

So, in other words, you mean always in SQ3 as the "prime" example out of the "only" applicable example of all the chapters? :D

I doubt there's any question as to which chapter is favorite of the SQ Historian (same as mine, SQ3), but I'd always had the impression you were a self-employed freelancing historian (you know, kind of like a hobby). Who you working for these days, Troels? Why you gotta smudge up the "was" and misrep the "is"? Yo, I'm talk'n to you.

(And I'm still jealous of your awesome personalized alien caricature (folds arms and pouts))

;)

So, in other words, you mean always in SQ3 as the "prime" example out of the "only" applicable example of all the chapters? :D

Well, they didn't write their own appearance in SQ1VGA, and being the "control panel" voices in SQ4 hardly counts as an appearance. But you have a point -- saying they're "always" the victims based on one major appearance (SQ3) is jumping the gun a bit.

I don't know; it's just the impression I got. They're not the sorts to get themselves willfully into trouble; they just want to hang out at the beach(dome), sipping fruity drinks, making games. If something gets in the way of that, they need bailing-out.

Okay, so I may be reaching. Consider my statement recanted.

(And I'm still jealous of your awesome personalized alien caricature (folds arms and pouts))

;)

So that's what this is all about. ;)

Scott and Mark have always been "victims" in their own games ... and always have some despondent attitude when they get rescued. SQ3 being the prime example, where you have to save them from Elmo Pug, only to have Mark whine about how hungry he is. ;)

Non-canon sources also suggest that the Two Guys are easily fooled by disguises. ;)

Jess

I like the idea of a puzzle where you have to rewire the dor; good one. Like a house call, kind of makes me think of SQ6 where Roger has to do a few janitorial style things like with Sharpei. Except, this would be a more friendly situation ;)

I'm excited how much of a SQ-verse vibe this game has. I'm ready when you are, Guys!