Other kickstarters that need help

Terezar

Bureaucracy. Red tape. Conspiracies. What do these things have in common besides being major annoyances? Well, for one man it’s his continued existence. Both in a literal and figurative sense. The latest in a growing stable of adventure games coming out of IndiGoGo is Conspirocracy, a tale of intrigue and paperwork. “The truth, it seems, is rarely pure and never simple.”

Survival horror is such a popular genre in gaming, and we have yet another adventure with supernatural leanings to showcase in “Currently Kickstarting”. U55 – End of the Line looks to be another great addition to the roster with not only crap-your-pants horror, but it also offers the use of a unique technology that can make your blood curdle with feelings of fear and anxiety if done right. Get ready to experience a subway ride that you won’t soon forget. Read on if you dare.

• 4 weeks later...

Parallax: A 4X strategy sci-fi game with alien factions developed by author Timothy Zahn could use our help! They launched prematurely without doing enough homework on realities of crowdfunding, and are asking for interested people to back the current project at $1 and provide feedback so the relaunch can be successful

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prototypex/timothy-zahns-parallax-a-retro-4x-conquer-the-gala/posts/604802

What do you get when you take a potbellied exterminator, a purple bear bard, and the most nastiest slugs you’ve ever seen and put them together in a 2D point-and-click adventure game? Why, you get the continuing saga of Reemus and Liam, that’s what. Enter The Ballads of Reemus 2, another game being Kickstarted that started its life as a Flash-based adventure on the likes of Newgrounds and Kongregate.

In space no one can hear you scream. Which might not be a good thing in the case of the newest addition to the action-adventure stable of games trying to get funded through Kickstarter. Take Europa 2022, a blend of traditional point-and-click adventure with the more “actiony” elements that can be found in the likes of Heavy Rain or Uncharted. Toss in a liberal dose of sci-fi horror and you’ve got the makings on a unique gaming experience.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

One aspect of adventure games, or really any game at all, that’s important to the playing experience is music. It helps to breathe life into the story. But, few actively pursue it as a central theme. Enter Bolt Riley, a story of reggae music and finding one’s place in society. Working your way up to being a legend is the name of the game here. And it looks like a great take on the genre.

You probably know that I have someone I'm romantically interested in that lives in Virginia. I got her into this band so I figure I'll share with all of you. The band "A Sound of Thunder" is looking for donations for their 4th album. How cool are these guys? I'm planning on going out to see her in June of next year and they're going to come down and play a show in Richmond. Anyways, This band, A Sound of Thunder is looking to the fans to give them some support for their new album. You can get your name in the album for $25 or with a T-shirt for $40!

All donations help.

BTW, Serena, how in the heck do you put the name on the link?

Cyan (makers of Myst and Riven) are making a brand new first person explorative adventure game with the Unreal 4 engine. "Obduction" is on Kickstarter and is already 55% funded (with a goal of $1.1m with 11k backers at the moment) with still 20 days to go.

I've been waiting for a new game from Cyan for a long time. I love everything they do. I think it was smart to not do just another Myst sequel, but we need more games with Myst's style and atmosphere!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The horror…the horror! What is it about scary games that draw us to them? Why do we let our fears out and play around with pixelated horrors and gore? I think science is still trying to figure that one out, but in my opinion it’s because we LIKE to be scared out of our wits. Which is why we’re featuring a documentary on these creepy and horrifying games. Take a look into the looking glass at Playing With Fear, a feature film and Web series dissecting the art, craft and community of horror video games.

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else backing The Mandate ? It's a science fiction RPG that looks like it has a lot of potential...

Posted Image

Review from GamingOnLinux:

Meet The Mandate, an epic RPG space opera which puts you in command of a ship which is both your home as well as home to your crew and their families. Drawing on the sense of community created in TV sci-fi drama Battlestar Galactica, this sandbox RPG is aiming for 40+ hours of single-player gameplay, and up to 100+ hours in total, but also boasts some intriguing co-op play for up to 6 players.

Ship-to-ship battles also draw on Battlestar Galactica, with shield rotation, weak points and hull breaches potentially sending crew into space. Beyond that, The Mandate is promising crew battles, fending off boarding parties, and mounting your own raids, at which point the gameplay shifts into a style reminiscent of X-COM or Jagged Alliance. Ships can be updated, crew can gain experience, equipment can scavenged, or won in battle.

The game will feature a mix of hand-crafted missions and environments alongside procedurally generated content. Further, in offering modular ship design, many of the ships and stations you'll meet along the way are designs you can mimic yourself.

The team behind The Mandate, Perihelion Interactive, appear to have the experience and technical know-how to make this happen, with members recruited from the likes of EA, 2K Games, Ubisoft, and Funcom. They've embarked on a longer-than-usual campaign, at 60 days. This would seem to be because some of their team are still committed to other projects and will therefore not be revealed until the end of the campaign.

That's why. He's a small man. It's all he has for attention. The sad thing is he didn't have to do any of this at all. He could have approached everything an entirely different way and become a respected icon in the adventure revival. But instead he chose to act the way he did and now he's gone too far to ever come back.