I'm sorry I'm not checking this more often.

That was fun, chatting with PCJ and Brandon in my underwear last night, just before bed. ;) If anyone is up for an impromptu Hangout with no topic tonight, I'm game. (I promise, pants stay on.)

Anyway, back on topic: I'm not sure I can "get away" with doing two 4 hr sessions back to back. It's not just the family life I'm wondering about, but also my own sanity. ;)

I realize the games are big, but if I've got the actual designers sitting next to me, helping me whenever I get stuck, don't you think it's possible to breeze through the games in 4 hrs? I'll be concentrating on the games and you guys'll be doing the talking for the most part, anyway.

Yes, it's probably possible to breeze through VSB in four hours, but that's not really fun. And it's not different from the one complete Let's Play that's up on YouTube already. And rushing through Incinerations will only give you the worst possible ending.

I don't think I'd be able to handle two Hangouts back-to-back either, but I do think we may want to look at two separate Saturdays, cause if we don't take the extra time with these, there's not going to be much room for commentary, even if you let us do the talking. I reckon it'd be something in the lines of "Oh, here's the place where... and you're in the next room now." So let's take our time and make it different to the stuff that's already out there for all to see...

That's some good points there, Ferde. Yeah, better to stick with "we're playing this game now and it'll take however damn long it's going to take." Of course, that'll mean that we probably won't get around to playing SQ2VGA until sometime in the fall or winter. So let's TRY to contain each playthrough to 2 x 4 hrs.

We might prepare a fastforward of the intro you guys can talk over. Or Fred could perform an abridged version with sock puppets. ;)

Nah, just kidding. The long intro will probably work very well as a "hi, guys" getting-to-know-you period as well as explaining the grand plan for all four commentaries.

Maybe we should consider letting the SQ2 remake guys go first if their schedules align better this summer. I realise that muddles up the release chronology, but the in-series chronology will still be correct if we leave Incinerations as the last one.

Sure. I was just about to ask you guys how you wanted to proceed Saturday, but I can see that VSB is not going to be the first game out there. (And yes, that SpaceVenture schedule sure is fun. I look at it all day and laugh and congratulate myself on being the writer's intern, not a programmer.)

I'll reach out to Dr. Blackthorne (he really should be a doctor) and see when the IQ gang is available.

I'd love to join the "Incinerations"-one as well, but until after my exam, which is on the 24th, I'm a bit wary about my schedule. I know Troels has asked the SQ2VGA guys if they'd like to be on first, but I'm not sure if he has received any replies.

Hey, guys. Blackthorne was in a panic of sorts, so he would "get back to me." I think the best thing to do for this is wait until people have time off -- and book time far enough in advance, so people can't bail on account of other engagements.

Mjomble already did a fantastic overview of his availability. If we say, okay, all the games get 2 x 4 hrs, meaning two sessions, we can plan from that. (The Pledge Quest series will probably be over in just a single session, though.)

Ideally, weekends. Let's say we kick this thing off in July, huh? Everyone's favorite summer month. Who's good for July?

July is the grand kick-off for the commentaries, then! Lemme get out my calendar here ...

I am unavailable for the first week of July (because of Roskilde Festival -- you don't want to see me playing Space Quest games during that time).

I do, however, have the entire second week off.

But let's go by weekends; Saturdays, primarily. Should we stick to the original format of VSB first, INC second and SQ2VGA third, followed by a grand closing party with PQ?

I'll kick things off with suggesting that we play VSB for 4 hours on Saturday June 13th. How many from the VSB team are good for that one?

• 3 weeks later...

I will still be in Chicago.

And though I believe pcj's claim that they might have internet there, it's a lot less certain whether I'll find enough of it for several hours of video conferencing, plus the time for it. Athough nothing's impossible :D

But as said before, if you get enough people, feel free to skip me, it won't be easy scheduling a thing like this with someone who's away for half the summer :P