Favorite and Least Favorite Fan Games

SteveHNo96

I don't think he was being crass. He wasn't asking. Just saying that he can't do it for free so he just won't do it. As a composer for hire, I can understand this position.

I think everyone would know if I was being crass. :) (Ask anyone who used to be on the Replay Games forum)

I seriously can't afford a decent microphone right now, so that I wouldn't be able to budge on. I probably could do it just for that.

Living in Vancouver, I face a similar situation where I know TONS of voice actors, but any who've actually been in the industry for a few weeks are hesitant to do anything for free. Any voices we get would have to voluntarily come from the community. And a community-voiced game would be ideal anyway.

Agreed. We're in luck on Team VSB since we do have a certain number of professionals who've been willing to voice their characters for free. But we're down to quite a few uncast roles and compared to some of the major ones, they're pretty small. So they're not worth the expenses. Nor are they worth the time of a professional voice actor. Heck, the other day, I was thinking about giving those roles a go myself :P

Agreed. We're in luck on Team VSB since we do have a certain number of professionals who've been willing to voice their characters for free. But we're down to quite a few uncast roles and compared to some of the major ones, they're pretty small. So they're not worth the expenses. Nor are they worth the time of a professional voice actor. Heck, the other day, I was thinking about giving those roles a go myself :P

What roles are those? (I know you have a spreadsheet. No, I can't be bothered to go lo-- okay, I could.)

I'll volunteer for a couple of additional incidental voices. I'd love to be one of the computers. Since the different computers use different voices, I could just do one of them. In fact, I'd let you pick which computer I should be.

I'd also love to do Private Simians; he sounds like a fun weakling. ;)

Have you thought of getting Gareth Millward to do both of the bird heads? He's got that authentic Britishness about him, being British and all, so he could do the stupid head in a chavvy accent and the clever head in a posh accent. And it would actually sound British.

(Edit: Of course, I meant I'd send you auditions for those voices -- of course I don't expect to be just put in the game because I said I'd do it. ;) )

Edited by Troels Pleimert

Awesome! Some of the computers have been cast and recorded, as have the Bird heads. I just haven't gotten to slap Andres around about it yet. He's the one updating that cast list.

All the noted apemen are open for auditions, so you're welcome to send in some stuff. You obviously know where to reach me!

Have you thought of getting Gareth Millward to do both of the bird heads? He's got that authentic Britishness about him, being British and all, so he could do the stupid head in a chavvy accent and the clever head in a posh accent. And it would actually sound British.

I have no idea who the name is, but the voices sound hilarious.

My favorite fan game is of course, Incinerations! It was epic! I love the sci-fi action included in the game. It was a lot better than I thought. A LOT better! I would be so happy if Box Of Mystery would do another Space Quest game! So fun! The only bad thing about Incinerations is that it involves time paradoxes. I love/hate time paradoxes. I love the mystery that they involve but I hate that I can't find a scientific explanation to them. :blink: (Yes, I am a scientific guy. I always look for explanations for everything)