I discovered a better way to make Jerry's body. It's an idea. I don't know if it will work. I found an mcedit filter to freeze mobs. Maybe I could freeze villagers just before they die to make the various corpses in the Arcada. Plus, it will eliminate the dying villager sounds, if it works.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Small problems are happening in the project. Right now, I have too much stuff going on in my life to continue the work on it for now. I do not give up though. The computer that the map is on is fixed, and I will just put the project on hold for now. I will continue to work on it in the close future. Stay tuned, and thanks for your support and help.

BlockMaster

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

UPDATE! The project is back! With the new Minecraft 1.8 features, I am remaking the whole map. I managed to fix some problems on my computer so I can finish this project. The things that I will soon implement in the new project :

- Custom characters, personnalized by armor stands and controlled with command blocks

- A fully working AGI parser engine, where you type your actions in a book, like LOOK AROUND, TAKE KEYCARD...

- Custom sounds and textures in resource pack

- Lower resolution to mimic the EGA pixels?

- Working inventory system with custom objects

- Custom way to move your character at the third person, by making an armor stand for Roger, and giving you the ability to pilot it from a distance

And that's just the beginning. I really want to continue and finish this map once and for all! I'll try to post progress updates more often now. Thanks for your feedback guys! Stay tuned!

BlockMaster

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE COMING SOON! I am going to release a demo of my map in a close future. The demo will contain the first(s) room(s) of the Arcada when I will have completed them. Just to give an idea on how the project is going :

- Roger's avatar progress : half done, I still need to make an animation for the walking.

- AGI parser concept : completed.

- Texture pack : added EGA blocks, which are basically stained clay blocks retextured with one for each of the EGA colors.

- Debug mode : completed with a special password activation.

- Arcada wall textures : using Image to Map X to edit the map_.dat files, and then putting these custom maps into item frames.

I'm pretty happy when I see what I did accomplish for the first week. That's all I got for now, and as always, stay tuned!

BlockMaster

• 1 month later...

Considering the fact that Akril is posting a wonderful fan fiction in World 'O Wonders, I won't be releasing the demo until mid January. But while waiting, just to keep you interested, I finally have some screenshots : post-1712-0-98808500-1419975151_thumb.pngpost-1712-0-79349000-1419975206_thumb.png

And my Jerry's body 2.0 : post-1712-0-88989400-1419975243_thumb.png

The texturing is not complete, so for now the walls are pretty blank, but the structure is coming along pretty good. So be ready for... Space Quest Minecraft 2.0!

btw, I want to know your opinion if I should release a YouTube trailer of the map. Anyways guys, that's all I got for now. Stay tuned!

BlockMaster

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the release date : back on undetermined. Getting really busy these days. :P

I have realized the lack of activity on the forums this week, and I had an idea that could possibly start a discussion going on here. One advantage of making a remake of an already existing game, is that you get to change it. I won't change my Minecraft version from the orignal game too much; I want to keep it as close to the original as possible, but I thought about one cool change I could do. Why not adding my own Easter Eggs? I thought that might be really neat, and this is where you come in handy. I don't have many ideas for Easter Eggs, so I want to know what comes to your mind. Do you guys have any ideas of a cool Easter Egg that I could have. If so, don't be shy and share it! Or, if you prefer it to be more secretive, message me! I would love to add a bit of your input to my map. Anyways, this is just an idea. That's all I got for now. Stay tuned!

BlockMaster

• 7 months later...

As this project is still on hold, but not out of my mind, I thought I would distract you guys with a little something I made that relates to Space Quest, in Minecraft. I saw simplysarc's video on pop-up graphics in Minecraft (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NTu1uGLROs), and I was disappointed by the lack of tutorial on how to make that yourself, so I decided to make one. To demonstrate the trick, I displayed Ortega's falling into lava death message in Minecraft, with working Restore/Restart/Quit. Here is the video : (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuSKqNreqV8)

Anyways, I thought that was interesting to post here, so I did. Enjoy.

BlockMaster

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Kind of late to the party here, but this sounds like a pretty neat idea! I'd never thought to combine these games even though I love both so much. I don't have the skill to make anything fancy like you're doing, but perhaps I'll start work on some of my own area recreations at least...

That sounds cool! Please notify me if you make something. :) I always like to see Space Quest and Minecraft related things.