Most frequently-replayed Space Quest title?

suejak

15 members have voted

1. 1. What is your most-replayed canon SQ game?

• SQ1: The Sarien Encounter (EGA)
    • SQ1: The Sarien Encounter (VGA)
    • SQ2: Vohaul Returns
    • SQ3: The Pirates of Pestulon
    • SQ4: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers
    • SQ5: The Next Mutation
    • SQ6: The Spinal Frontier

I really should play SQ6 through again just to see if my take on it has changed. I didn't hate it, but I also did find it a bit lazy overall. Like it was out of steam.

It was, pretty much. That was right about the point that Sierra as a whole had jumped the shark, both in terms of game design and in terms of corporate politics, and almost all of their game series' suffered for it. SQ6 in particular had some serious development hell going on. Frankly, it's a wonder it got finished and kicked out the door at all.

Yeah, you have to do your best to look past the technical and business-political issues when it comes to SQ6. There's parts of it that really are very good - it just suffers from a pronounced lack of consistency because of its pedigree. I try not to be too hard on it myself, especially since it's the last official Space Quest game - I don't really like the idea of going around badmouthing the series' swansong for the rest of my life. Kind of taints the nostalgia factor.

Well, I've replayed SQ6 now and I can't say I appreciarte it any more than I did before. I think pretty much the best thing it has going for it is the background art. I don't really like the character design and the voice acting is mostly pretty bland. And the worst thing is that I found the game pretty boring. It's just wasn't very fun to play and laughs were few and far between. There's ideas there which could have made the game a hoot, but it never manages to find the right gear.