Found two bugs in Space Quest 6

Calvin Hobbes

I've just finished re-playing Space Quest 6 a couple days ago, I was playing the v1.0 English version, it's been more than 16 years since the last time I played it so it was a real blast to be able to play it once more.

But when Roger is in Stellar's stomach, I encountered two bugs of the game (spoiler allert):

1. If I forgot to pull the pill and drop it to Stellar's esophagus before tickling her throat, then there's no way to undo it. Roger will no longer be able to do anything to the pill afterwards, I had to restart playing the game because of this.
  2. If I get the gall bladder first before the pancreatic fluid, then Roger will not be able to get the gallstone. Again, I had to restart the game. I should have used two save games instead of just one, got to learn it the painful way.

I hope this will help anyone who's going to play the SQ 6, or for those who is currently playing the game and got stuck because of those two bugs.

I wonder if this also happen in the other SQ 6 versions?

Yep, SQ6 has a lot of bugs, and a few of them can render the game impossible to complete. This is why making multiple savegames (or knowing where to download savegames that other people have posted online) is so important.

If I get the gall bladder first before the pancreatic fluid, then Roger will not be able to get the gallstone. Again, I had to restart the game. I should have used two save games instead of just one, got to learn it the painful way.

What exactly happened in this scenario? Were you unable to pick up the smaller gallstones that fell down after the large one almost squashed Roger?

It's a shame they couldn't perfected the SQ 6 due to managerial problems, otherwise it could've been much-much better. Reading the background history of the game from Space Quest Net's fun facts really "tickles" me, especially the part where Scott missed inserting hints that Josh intended in Stellar's stomach.

Yes, if Roger get the gall bladder first, then he can't pick up the small gallstone (which will be used to throw at two nanite robots later in the game).

For the record, I tried using saved games from Space Quest Net, but it doesn't work since they are for v1.1 while mine is v1.0. I wonder if there's any difference in those versions.

I would guess that there definitely are several differences bewteen version 1.0 and version 1.11, since I've never run into either of those bugs in version 1.11.

I did some searching and found a couple of savegames for version 1.0 here. Neither of them are set close to the point in the game you described, but I think one of them starts off with Roger in the shuttle, which is about 3/5ths of the way through the game.

About that v1.0 saved games there, which you refer from Sierra Help, I can't open the website. My browser says error 403: Forbidden, you don't have permission to access it, that's why I tried using the saved games from Space Quest Net (but fail because they're from different version than mine).

About SQ 6 v1.11, from where did you get it?