Johnathon

Is SpaceQuest.Net (Frans' Site) no longer archived/available...?

Looks like any reference to it has been removed from here; and a google search yields a quite broken fragment of it.

Is it just me? Am I looking right past it, or is it really gone, and am I the only one who notices?

Frans took the spacequest.net domain back from Guys From Andromeda so the two are no longer affiliated. Frans' site exists back at spacequest.net where he's been working on updating his original design to modern standards. Not all areas are available yet and there doesn't seem to be a link to an archive of the older design available.

Thanks Brandon! That explains it.

I went there and was wondering why many of the links weren't functional. I'm glad to know Frans is working on updating it. I was afraid somehow he'd abandoned it, and couldn't believe I could be the only one asking where it went.

What would the net be without Space Quest?

Frans appears to have completely abandoned it now. It's now just a white page listing for sale.

I do have the data archived safely, it's just a matter of content rights at this point - and does anyone actually care to look at it.

Wow.

Given how Frans is very protective of his efforts of the original content (which was quite the long-term dedicated effort to be sure, so it's understandable why he is), at this point I'd think it would make more sense to make a brand new Space Quest website with content created/acquired from scratch instead of using his content. He's just too protective and sensitive about it. Which is fair. I mean, it sucks. But it's fair.

But the question remains is it of any interest. Especially with not having the novelty of it being THAT SpaceQuest.net.