Controversy- Paul Trowe on the Two guys

Spikey

Everything's been said, so no value in Scott and Mark posting (although if they want to say hi in a different topic I'm sure that would be fun!) . But thank them for their interest- just tell 'em we want a new game :) And Kickstarter before September so I can claim it's for my birthday ;)

Thanks for your post, though, Mr Pope. You're a rockstar even if you're not the 3rd or 4th Guy from Andromeda. The fact is that you have a job to do and you're doing it well (sorry Mr McCartney!), so you really don't need to have these concerns about "your name" or "what is said about you". other than one comment that has now been more or less rescinded, people really have more questions than statements about you. I think you've answered a lot of them today. So, thankyou and good to meet you.

And I'm glad at the resolution of this thread. Not to sound too altruistic or vain, but I did start the thread with the (naive?) hope that it would let people hash things out. While it didn't exactly do that (reconcile differences that is), Josh and Paul were able to chat and Paul could figure out what was important. So, good deal, and great post, Mr Trowe. I'm still a fan, don't worry. Probably more so now.

Looking forward to Larry and SpaceVenture maybe a little more now.

It seems I underestimated mr. Trowe immensely. Kudos to you, Paul - as we all know, it takes some serious balls to ask for forgiveness like that. Hope you stick around in some capacity :)

Now, I realise the following is quite irrelevant now, but I just want to clear something up...

Paul Trowe has nothing to do with ActiVision, aside from the fact that he's trying to get the old Sierra IP licenses from them.

I know Paul Trowe doesn't have anything to do with Activision. I was trying to stress how glad I am that the Guys have opted to stay in charge, rather than cutting a deal with Activision or the like. I've still got quite a way with words, huh? ;)

Mr. Trowe,

I'll admit I was quite uncomfortable being in the position of correcting the CEO of a company employing some people I have 'idolized,' for lack of a better way of putting it, as well as even stepping up in defense of another of my 'idols,' whom I'm certain can take care of himself (the whole thing just seemed really awkward, and I took no pleasure in it); but I'm glad you were able to pick up on the sincerity of our concerns and take them at face value.

I'll agree with others here that your recognizing of the mistake has required a great deal of courage and humility, and for that sir, you have earned my respect. I consider this thing just as though it had never happened.

I believe if people are understanding and a bit more thoughtful than average, they can easily find that there are good reasons for everything. We are all human, and every one of us has our 'breaking' and 'boiling' points. I don't believe anyone could have rightly assumed that you didn't have a good reason for portraying yourself the way you had been (whether for lack of sleep or whatever else), unless they were also completely blind to their own faults.

And for whatever it's worth, I would like to admit to you that I am not blind to mine. I unfortunately have learned this lesson on more than one occasion (once as recently as this very last semester, as I have gone at times for 46 hours without sleep because of emergencies to tend to in studio). I have had two courses in psychology as well, and I am aware of the effect that lack of sleep can have on a person's behavior. It literally causes temporary mental conditions, especially when it reaches the point of insomnia. I am certain with all the excitement and stress you have had to cope with regarding your new company/breakthrough, you have had your share. It is the intensity of times like these that we truly become stronger and better prepared for the future; and it's not a lesson easily forgotten, because even if we can rest at peace with ourselves knowing that all along we meant well but had only suffered a skewed perception due to the stress and strain, quite unfortunately we wind up affecting others outside of ourselves, and that's what hurts more.

In short, I understand completely, and I don't see anything that has happened here as being something that is reason for a continued disdain from us to you. All is forgotten. When I look at you now, I don't see this angry bitter person. I see a fellow human with completely normal human thought processes and all the pros and cons that come along with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, Paul did an awesome job with LSL Come Again. How cool is it that Al and Josh are gonna rock our world and tickle our Larry funnybone. How awesome is that!!!!

As for me doing the music for SpaceVenture, let's get this baby funded first, then we can talk music. I just pledged at the level where I get a real buckazoid coin. You, dear fans, are more awesome than me. Show your love for the Two Guys! Make this happen! Make me stop using exclamation points!!!

I am with Irishmile on this one. The internet is awesome. It connects so many people. But it also bleeds out in "He said, she said" type of thing. I am more than sure, it was no always roses and rainbows, even back in the day of the original Sierra. But we were blissfully ignorant of any "drama" due to lack of the "internet" back then.

"Ask them a hard question. Ask them why they didn't join up with the folks at Replay Games to create Sierra 2.0 and instead chose some guy they've never heard of, Chris Pope, to run a company they don't own."

I don't know, maybe because they felt like making a new game rather than remaking one that's already been remade. I love Sierra, and I love Al Lowe. But they're not impressing me by asking for money to create a game that's already been created before and then created again before.