Introduce Yourself!

JamonBull

Hey, everybody! Looks like I finally made it to the party.

So, about me. My name is Tom King. I'm a 28 year-old designer and musician wannabe. Some of you may know me from Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded (I'm that bald jerk pounding beers in Lefty's), others may know me from Twitter (@DadsNewBF). Others may not know me at all, in which case, nice to meet you.

My hobbies/interests include (but certainly are not limited to) music, roadtrips, cooking, hiking, kayaking, cycling, unicycling, changing the size of my thumbs, learning new languages, juggling, poetry, playing air-instruments, playing real instruments, speaking braille, and sometimes, playing hopscotch with philosophers and kings.

I'm looking forward to getting to know you folks. Feel free to drop me a line any time.

-TK

Since I've posted a few times, figured I might as well say hello. My name is Doug, I'm an ancient bugger at 52, I've been playing adventure games since many of you were still on your parents "to do" list. I was a mechanical engineer at IBM for many years and now I run a mechanical technology department at the local community college. I grew up on the water so I love all things sailing and motor boating, fishing, camping, that sort of stuff. I'm a computer geek back when that involved punch cards and for some reason (possible insanity say most), I've stuck with it. Actually won a division award at IBM for making all the lab equipment talk to each other (with an IEEE 488 interface people. Try finding one of those today). Like Tom King whose post is just above, I too am in Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded yelling PERVERT in the store (I'm the fat bald one closest to the clerk).

I have a lovely wife of 30 years who really should know better, 3 sons 22, 17, and 13. The oldest is an Ensign in the US Navy and just flew to Japan today to catch his ship for the next 2 years. The other 2 haven't figured out how to escape us yet!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! :)

Behold another victim of the two guy's comeback... I don't know what to say, I was pulled into a black hole for many years, and didn't have a chance to even realize that Mark and Scott started a Kickstarter campaign... It was only mid 2013 where I randomly started visiting all the old places I've been hanging out in the past, and noticed the already funded SpaceVenture and UnderTheHalfDome campaigns. How I would have liked to have pledged both, but I guess it's too late now.

For those who don't know me, I'm Frank, 29 years old living in Germany, game programmer and composer, and a die hard space quest fan. Former virtual broom closet lurker, sierra music central contributor (a.k.a. "Aboard The Goliath (The Vents)- Remix") and former developer at SQ7.org back when it was going to be built upon AGAST.

I happen to have a similar composing background as Brandon, Ken's music inspried me into composing music myself with computers as well. I have an unfinished space quest rhapsody lying around, which I plan to finish this year.

Anyway, it feels great to see that things are happening again. I'm "back" so to say!

I'd like to give a huge shoutout to my old buddies BLusk, MusicallyInspired, Troels, Spikey, DanTooDee, and everyone else I forgot (sorry about that). I'll start hanging around again over here :)

I have a proof that Space Quest continued to the second generation, being the son of someone who loved the series, and having found the series after the end of Sierra. I live in Canada and I'm still playing Space Quest. I finished the series once, but I'm still trying to find more secrets. ;) Anyone else in the second generation of Space Questers?

I like to think I'm in the "second generation" given that I, too, was around 14 when I discovered these games. But seeing as I'm now 25, I think we can chalk it up to a case of wishful thinking.

I think "second generation" in this case refers to people who became fans after the series folded and Sierra imploded on itself; like, everyone past the year 2000. :)

In that case, count me in; I only came aboard in 2002. There was talks of an official SQ7 coming out back then, but the original project had already folded and hopes were getting pretty dim. So that's my "joining date", unless you count that one playthrough of the SQ6 demo where I was barely out of my diaper yet.

Okay, I probably wasn't wearing a diaper back then. I hope.

In that case, count me in; I only came aboard in 2002. There was talks of an official SQ7 coming out back then, but the original project had already folded and hopes were getting pretty dim. So that's my "joining date", unless you count that one playthrough of the SQ6 demo where I was barely out of my diaper yet.

Okay, I probably wasn't wearing a diaper back then. I hope.

Well, I remember you from the tail-end of my stint as FAQ writer, so I always thought you were first-generation. The funny thing was I didn't know (or was told but forgot) that you were a bacon-muncher like me until the Reunification happened. :)

Pretty sure you knew even then; my custom title on the Subchan was even "Danish Pastry" for a while. If I remember correctly, partly because of your input. So you probably chose to forget. For which I cannot blame you. But no, I was formally introduced to these specific games via the questionable concept of "abandonware".

Pretty sure you knew even then; my custom title on the Subchan was even "Danish Pastry" for a while. If I remember correctly, partly because of your input.

Personally, there's a lot of repression going on around that era. ;)

I'm glad that's all over with, though, and we're back to kicking ass in space!

• 4 months later...

I'm fairly sure I count as second generation, given most of the games came out before I was born (being myself a product of 1994).

I've only played the first couple of games in the series so far, started working through 3 recently. I've also been writing reviews as I've been going along, which can be found here: http://www.exilian.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=131.0

Also hello, etc - I'm Jubal, or James as realspacename, I'm British and a history student/hobbyist game coder. :)

• 2 months later...

Hi all.  I played the original Space Quest shortly after it came out, in stunning monochrome, on my dad's Sharp PC: PRODPIC-5563.jpg

I played every game pretty much as soon as possible after it was released, although I didn't really have my own money until V and 6 came out, since I was just a kid in 80s.  In fact, I bought Space Quest II with money I won from a Bingo game at my stepfather's company picnic back in 1988!

• 2 years later...

Huh. I kinda feel bad for reviving this old thread like a necromancer but the title seems to me like a "Don't push this button!" sign. I just can't resist.

Well,yeah.

Hi folks.

I just wanted to say hello to the other members of this anonymous adventure game addicts group. It must have been ages since I was playing my first one with my uncle and since then the three headed monkey is riding my back ,so when ever I discover a new pnc adventure I have to get it. So this one here!

Hopefully Space Venture turns out to be just as great as the other sq series!

Regards

• 3 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello, world!  37, male.  Dirty blonde hair, steel blue eyes and the body of a Greek god.  ...Were said god severely outta shape, a bit dumpy-looking and mildly lyxdesic.  But, man, can I shine!  (I perspire horrifically.)

Stumbled across this forum completely by accident and things looked kinda dead, so I'mma do what I do and see if I can't French this bad girl back from the grim ferryman's slick ride.  ARE YOU READY TO RAWK!?  BOOM!  [air guitar solo]  Seriously, though, gonna find some posts to reply to and if people are still set up to receive email notifications for subscribed threads, maybe we get the ol' furnace lit and cook up a little action.

For myself, I used to draw, used to write, used to sing and philosophize for funsies.  Now I don't do any of that.  Life kinda kicked my *ss hard and I've pretty much given up on making my existence valuable to others.  More or less resolved to relax and live out the rest of what I got without wasting time trying to fix things that can't be fixed.  Just kinda let go and let life happen, y'know?  Should be a hell of a ride to the final destination, if nothing else.

Fah.  Doggo alarm went off.  Gotta grab the leashes and lead the mutt march to the pooping grounds.  If what's been said hasn't been a thorough introduction, I can't do much more to give you a sense of my self. 

See y'all if and when we meet here!

• 3 months later...