Help with the janitor closet and the vent

tomimt

Ah, okay it took me a while to figure it out thanks to the bug that makes Rooter walk when he's closed and that the hotspot I needed to click didn't have any indicator that it was clickable. It seems that Ace can pick up the closed walking Rooter some of the time, but not all the time.

Still trying to figure that one out too. One thing to mention is that these pop-ups (close-ups) shouldn't close automatically. It's annoying to have to open it everytime you click with something wrong on it. Just have an X on it to close and maybe make autoclose if Ace gets a certain distance away from it.

Is there some trick with Rooter head with the socket when using it on the vent? I just don't get it opened despite I look at the vent and try to use Rooter or it nor does Ace use it outside the close up.

Having the same trouble - can't tell whether I'm missing something (maybe with the clamp on the workbench?), just not getting the sequence right, or missing with the hotspots (on either the inventory item, or the socket).

I wanted to note that there is a known issue with the work bench persisting it's state from when you first see it (and interact with objects), and when you come back. Eerything -should- be where you left it, however the bug is preventing this. We've logged it and are working to correct that.

Ah, okay it took me a while to figure it out thanks to the bug that makes Rooter walk when he's closed and that the hotspot I needed to click didn't have any indicator that it was clickable. It seems that Ace can pick up the closed walking Rooter some of the time, but not all the time.

I still can't find the hotspot in the supply closet. Fandangled Rooter needs a leash too! LOL. I too am having issues with what to do with the vent that has a close-up.

Right I figure out where the glue remover is for, but those extra sockets just weren't any help. Then I managed to walk to the end of the demo by walking through the steam with Rosster. Ace followed unharmed and I got to the lab having bypassed the main puzzle of the demo.

I was stuck on this too, until I remembered to read the manual. ;) The inventory is visible if you move the mouse to the bottom of the screen.

There's a manual? I accidently stumbled upon this. My inventory is full of Rooter heads for 2-3 pages.

where on the door? I must have clicked almost every piece of the door, and nothing happened. I even went over the keycard reader mashing my mouse button all over the place and nothing happened

Make sure you've moved the last crate ( says "4" on the side ).

Make sure you've moved the last crate ( says "4" on the side ).

It has become apparent that it's not easy to tell that the last crate in the puzzle is a hindrance. I will suggest to the team that we make such obstacles more apparent in the game's feedback during interactions.

Here's a methodical walkthrough if you're stuck:

• After entering the corridor from the airlock pick up Rooter
  • Go to the red hallway and get the keycard from the cart. Don't push it, as there's a change it will reset to it's location and can't be pushed again
  • Go back and push the crates (all 4 of them) out of the way.
  • In the closet use the shelf, while holding Rooter, next to a tall crate with your hand and Ace should place Rooter there. It's a bit tricky, as the hotspot is somewhat hard to spot, so if Ace puts Rooter on the ground, just pick him up again and try to get him to the shelf.
  • use Rooter to move the box and look at the workbench as Ace.
  • Before doing anything else, move the can between the red box and the cereal box in order to get a socket. Take glue remover from the upper left and use it on the red box. Get sockets, but don't close the box as that can crash the game. Get everything else you can.
  • Remember to get Rooter with you. Sometimes he has gone back being a toolbox, so either whistle to him or pick him up. Jog back to the red corridor.
  • Push the cart out of the way. Look at vent.
  • Get Rooters head, though at this point you propably have several thanks to a bug. use right socket on Rooters head. Use head on vent to open it. Put head back on Rooter, as otherwise the game can crash.
  • Go to the vent as Rooter. He'll go to the otherside of the steam and you can turn the round handle on the wall to turn it off, so Ace can move forward safely.
  • Go left to the lab, pull the switch all the way.

I hope this helps anyone still having problems solving the demo.