Paul Trowe criticism on Kickstarter update

I don't see how he'd be able to backtrack his way out of this one. The way he's handled the situation so far, I think it might possibly draw enough negative attention that not even people less aware of current adventure gaming news are going to be interested in whatever Replay plans on publishing in the future.

Given Paul Trowe's erratic behavior last year I found it highly unlikely we were going to see LSL2 under his supervision. It's unfortunate, but things were going to fall apart sooner or later. If it's definitely true that Josh Mandel left, it's more than certain that we're not gonna see another Leisure Suit Larry adventure game. Maybe in about 10-20 years we'll see somebody else attempt a revival.

I wonder how long Al Lowe is going to be a part of this wreck though. I'm not exactly sure if he is aware of Paul's actions from the past few days or of some of his previous outbursts since he probably doesn't spend that much time online. He should know about Mandel's departure though and I'm pretty sure it was related to Paul's behaviour in one way or another. We'll just wait and see how things turn out, popcorn in hand of course.

Indeed. It seems like that place has suddenly devolved into name-calling Paul. It's over. We shouldn't be wasting any more attention on him. Let time deal with him. We don't need to go on there insulting him.

So back on the subject of doing something nice for the Two Guys, like a video as I mentioned before. Who would all be up for filming a 5 minute or so video/webcam monologue of encouragement and over-the-top sappiness and dripping sarcasm of how they've changed our lives with their comedic antics? Start of funny and sarcastic/sappy and then finish with something serious. Should I start a new thread for this? It'd be nice to have it all ready before the announced Oct 16th update. I wouldn't mind putting it together unless there's someone else who has something better than Windows Movie Maker and my mediocre video editing skills.

Thanks for capturing those shots, MI. I can no longer see the forums at all. I'm surprised I wasn't banned sooner, but I'm glad I got in a few last words in before my account was deleted.

Even though I'm new to this community (despite being a fan of Space Quest since age 9 or so), I would love to help you guys with the video any way I can, if you guys will have me. After all the kind words of support you guys have given us, it would be an honor to be a part of something with you guys showing our support for Two Guys and Space Pope.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend.

Serena, you also got a message of support from me, although it's in your "other" folder on your Facebook account. For lack of a better word, Paul is a little little man and he seems fit to raise a fuss with anyone who decided to disagree with him at all. I tried to contact you as soon as I found out you were banned.

Serena, you also got a message of support from me, although it's in your "other" folder on your Facebook account. For lack of a better word, Paul is a little little man and he seems fit to raise a fuss with anyone who decided to disagree with him at all. I tried to contact you as soon as I found out you were banned.

We may have butted heads in the past over at Replay, but I want you to know that I still respect you. It's both funny and great to know that someone like Paul would bring even people who have their differences together.

I sent many of you a TEXT today.. at least those of you who I already had a number for or had it on facebook some of you may have got it in alternate ways like email such as Frede ETC... Do not worry any nudes I text you will be totally artistic... :D

That image made me pull out the most crooked, sarcastic smile ever. I raise with this.

I don't think sharing content that's publicly available is unethical, but the context sure makes all the difference! Personally, I can think of many other words than "LOVE", but some of you out there may have children looking over your shoulders.

That image made me pull out the most crooked, sarcastic smile ever. I raise with this.

I don't think sharing content that's publicly available is unethical, but the context sure makes all the difference! Personally, I can think of many other words than "LOVE", but some of you out there may have children looking over your shoulders.

If it is any nudes of Irish, I'm glad I didn't get it. I'll probably be throwing up from now through next June. Also, for the next seven years after that, I'd stare forward in a completely catatonic state saying "the horror, the horror..."

But if it's more stuff about what a chode that Paul is, I'll gladly chime in and say that I think everyone knows that by now.

I'd like to say all of this comes as a shock, but honestly the only real shock is how long it actually took...

I'm personally not concerned in the least about SpaceVenture. I have faith in the team and I look forward to a fantastic game - whenever it happens to be ready. What I *AM* concerned about is the backlash received by the dedicated supporters who had the 'audacity' to politely ask Paul to not publicly berate the team in a public forum.

I’m sure karma will eventually sort it all out. His uppance will come <insert Larry pun here>. In the meantime, kudos to everyone who spoke out against him.

As for Josh, I had the chance to talk to him back in July and even at that point he mentioned that he wouldn’t be involved in LSL2R (should it ever come to pass - which I seriously doubt will ever happen now). Reloaded was a labor of love for him and I think he did a fantastic job staying true to the game’s spirit. Even during the Kickstarter though he told Al and Paul that it wasn’t his intention to spend years merely revisiting previous games. He didn’t specifically mention leaving Replay at the time, but it doesn’t surprise me too much either.

In my personal opinion (that I’m sure most of you share), Josh is an incredibly talented designer. Sadly his name often gets tacked on as an afterthought since he never had his own ‘headliner’ series back at Sierra. He definitely deserves more props than he typically gets though. It saddens me that Paul will probably get most of the spotlight on this project - not for reviving a legacy, but for being a professional jerk. Meanwhile the talented and dedicated people who actually deserve it are cast in the shadows.

So a great big thank you to Josh, Al, all the dedicated fans & supporters, Replay Games, N-Fusion, and anyone else I forgot to mention who isn’t named Paul Trowe.

If it's true that Josh is not a part of Replay Games anymore and that his plan never was to be a part of LSL2R in 1st place, I kinda wonder why he joined the company. He wasn't hired as Al Lowe was but he was actually offered a position in Replay Games (can't remember what position it was though) and accepted. You would think that if you accept a position, your intentions are to stay for awhile.

Voices are now raised on their forum I have seen, about people who have not recieved their Kickstarter Swag yet. And they have tried to contact Replay Games for several weeks via forum, mail, facebook and twitter without getting an answer. Makes you wonder what the current state of Replay Games really is :/

Well, not really. If it had been a one-off on the 2GFA Kickstarter thread, you could put it down to stress/health/alcohol, an apology would come and everyone would chill out. But this is the latest act in a string of attacks on other companies and their products. In isolation, it might seem an innocuous comment. But it was the straw that broke the orat's back, so to speak. This is astrochickens coming home to roost.

I am ashamed to say I haven't been banned from Replay for my one post yet. I see several folks are dropping turds throughout the forum which I agree, is a bit like pissing on roadkill. I have heard several folks talk about the swag arriving poorly wrapped, crushed, etc. This, sadly is true. The box was designed with a cardboard insert to hold stuff together and looks like it might have even held the shot glass in place, but all for nothing, stuff was tossed in the box and rattled all the way from Austin to upstate NY! There were signs of problems before, they are just a little more obvious now!