Hi guys! As you probably know now, I'm a huge Minecraft and Space Quest fan. That games are so good, so I thought about something. What about combining Space Quest and Minecraft to make a 3D Space Quest? It seems totally possible to remake Space Quest 1 or 2 in Minecraft. I could maybe make Space Quest 3 or 4 but there is some details that I just can't figure out how to make them in Minecraft. It was just an idea. I wonder if someone would play one Space Quest game in Minecraft. I want to know if you guys like it. If anyone would like that, I could maybe do it. I also want to know what Space Quest game or part that you would prefer in Minecraft. Please, do not ask for something in Space Quest 5 or 6. There is too much character interaction for a Minecraft remake. Thanks in advance.

BlockMaster

We were doing just that on the old 2Guys server before it went down. Chris Pope made Ulence Flats and I made the Arcada along with a half finished Kerona desert. There just wasn't that much interest.

But I'm sure it'd be interesting for many to see what you can come up with through pictures.

• 2 weeks later...

For the acid drips in the cave under Kerona desert, I can put lava above the roof so you can see (red) acid drips. I don't know how to change the color of the drips. Maybe by changing the lava color. :P Also, to make you get hurt when you touch the drops, I can put command blocks to detect when the player is under the drops, and if he's there, damage him.

I can't think of anything in Minecraft that is like the grell. There is no worms neither snakes. I am blocked for that. Also, except a creeper, what can be a spider droid? Creepers don't look like spider droids. Spiders look like spider droids, but they don't blow up.

I made a spider droid! Look at my attached files! The first one is a creeper that I put on top of a spider with mcedit. The second one is a creeper with an unlimited invisible effect on top of a spider. For the model that I will use, it will probably be a cave spider, so it follows you and attack you, while the creeper blows up. Anyway, I was proud of it, so I decided to show it.

post-1712-0-23686000-1387225202_thumb.png

post-1712-0-51439800-1387225220_thumb.png

Sorry, the PC speaker sound isn't that essy to capture. Except ... hmm, doesn't ScummVM emulate PC speaker sound through the sound card? You could try running Audacity next to it whilst playing and record the game audio through the sound card.

I'm sorry I can't give you any detailed instructions; the procedure varies depending on your sound card.

• 3 weeks later...

I made Jerry's body! In one of the arcada hallways, a command block is spawning villagers there, with a limited invisibility effect, at a frequency of one villager each quarter of a second. The villagers also spawn with a damage effect, which makes them die automatically. When they die, they turn into the Minecraft "body" form. At that point, the invisibility effect stops, so the body is visible for one tick before it dissapears. Because there is so much villagers spawning, it gives the effect of one unique body! That method is not perfect. First because Minecraft bodies are red. Second because it's a bit glitchy. Third, it generates lag. Fourth, you need to turn off the villager sounds. Else of that, it works pretty well. I also changed the villager skin to Jerry's skin in my Resource Pack. Look at my attached screenshots and tell me what you think.

post-1712-0-41677400-1389132827_thumb.png