SQ1 VGA: Stop the Hate

suejak

Definitive SQ1 poll  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you prefer the fantastic VGA version of SQ1, or the other one?

• VGA
    • EGA

You know, I do have memories though, crystal clear, of observing my father playing space quest 2. Specifically, I remember him walking into the screen on Labion where the giant carnivorous mushrooms resided, and getting eaten by one of them. I was amused by that. I also observed him choking from the spore dust. I remember calling him "funny guy" because of those observations. I would go up to my father and plead "funny guy!, play funny guy!" because I wanted to watch him play it. I must've been two, three years old at the most during the time.

Years later when I dug up the sq3 diskettes (as I mentioned, he'd misplaced/lost the ones for games one and two), at age 8, and had played through to the planet pestulon (where the aluminum mallard first lands, and there are swirling cyan plants all around) I was very confused as to why suddenly there was only one screen on that green planet, and walking any direction led to the sequence where Roger observes the pirates coming out of the bunker. I'd mistaken Pestulon for Labion as I'd remembered it 6 years prior, when I was two years old, and was expecting to see those giant mushrooms again.

Ahhh...