So, this is 2013, huh?

Troels Pleimert

Hey, everyone. Thought I'd check in and spread a little New Year's cheer around here.

It's 2013, and I hope everyone is still feeling safe -- and, since it's now Thursday after the fact, perhaps even a mite refreshed?

So, anyway. I'm not going to ask something inane and pointless, like "what New Year's resolution do you plan on failing at this year?" I'm just going to flap my arms wildly and go, "Yay, 2012 was the best! 2013 can't possibly top any of that. Oh, wait, all those games that were announced in 2012 are coming out this year! Including the SpaceVenture! So maybe it can!" And then collapse into a heap of my own slobber.

What are your plans for 2013?

Finish something creative. Whether it's a written novel or a new set of level edits for my favorite games. Last year was very creatively dry for me, and I'm hoping to change that.

I just played and finished Beneath A Steel Sky recently for the first time a month ago. In fact I've been trying to chase you down, Troels, to babble about how great the game was. I think it's reinvigorated my creative senses.

Finish something creative. Whether it's a written novel or a new set of level edits for my favorite games. Last year was very creatively dry for me, and I'm hoping to change that.

I like that onset: Finish something creative. Even if it's just a particularly well-formed poo. You could be the first ass-sculptor! Wouldn't that be creative?

Okay, maybe I should be quiet now.

I just played and finished Beneath A Steel Sky recently for the first time a month ago. In fact I've been trying to chase you down, Troels, to babble about how great the game was. I think it's reinvigorated my creative senses.

Chase me down? I've never heard of anyone chasing me down; it's usually the other way around. Here's a quick way: chat me up on Google Plus; it shows up on my phone. Daniel Stacey and I use that as an SMS (text message) surrogate.

And wow, I'm happy Steel Sky got under your skin. For a game with such a troubled development history, it's a wonder it turned out the way it did. Then again, maybe it helped the mood. ;)