SQ on the big screen

AnasAbdin

Given how video game movies have turned out, it would be most certainly something other than "awesome". I think it would be more along the lines of something that starts with a "sh" and rhymes with "mite"...

In any case, who should play Roger is something I've thought often on during my time watching movies. I always remember the SubChan favorite was Jim Carey, which I simply couldn't understand. Aaron Eckhart could definitely pull off the Roger look, but I'm not sure he'd be a good fit for our bumbling hero. However, Owen Wilson is more accustomed to handling the idiot ball, though he lacks the "dashing good looks" that Eckhart has. Come to think of it, Eckhart's a dead ringer for Roger. Wow. :shock:

As for the other characters, I never really thought much on it. For some reason I could see Sir Patrick Stewart or Sir Ian McKellan voicing the narrator, though not only is it blasphemous to waste their talent on a project such as Space Quest: The Movie, but it is equally blasphemous to have anyone other than Gary Owens filling the narrator's metaphorical shoes.

Owen Wilson... yeah kinda but I don't think Ben Stellar would leave such a project without steppin in... and that would really suck :|

how about Chris Pine? I think his Star Trek role was great *numb-tongue*

I wouldn't like it so much though to have any of the Sirs to narrate the movie... I prefer Sierra's original voice talents to be used as much as possible for narration.

Do you think Tim Allen's Galaxy Quest is based on SQ? I like Tim alot but he's just not Roger u know....

Fester would be a 3D render of course... It would suck if he ended up like the puppet in Farscape! I think there are only a few characters that appeared and left a big impression like Elmo, Roger J., Beatrice...

Ben Stiller? What? Where does he come into any of this?

As for Beatrice, a little bit of thinking made me consider Renee Zellweger, though she could also work well as Flo. Nick Frost could also work nicely for Elmo Pug, Paul Bettany as the Endodroid, and Carrie-Anne Moss as WD-40. Hugo Weaving should be Admiral Toolman. Strangely, I can't think of anyone to play Stellar.

Chris Pine...eh. I liked Star Trek, but he just doesn't feel right for Roger.

As for Galaxy Quest, it was a great movie, and while I don't think it was inspired by Space Quest, it's as close as you'll ever come to seeing a Space Quest movie. Tim Allen would make for a good cameo appearance if such a movie were ever made though.

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot to add this. Jarion Monroe should definitely be Fester. He voiced him in SQ6, and as far as I'm concerned, that's Fester's voice.

The Virtual Broomcloset actually has an old article about a hypothetical cast for a Space Quest movie: Space Quest Casting Call

Of course, the list is out-of-date, so I don't know how suitable any of the suggestions would be today.

To be honest, I highly doubt that we'll ever see a movie based on Space Quest. But then again, there was just a movie about the Smurfs, so I guess anything's possible. :?

I'm not saying anything against Wilson, he's a great actor and would do an awesome RW as well :P ...as long as it's 100% Stellar free heheh

I never considered Dwight Schultz! Man he is Wilco-ish!

ok please listen to this carefully, consume the idea and chew on it alil before replying hahaha I've been attacked so much and a little afraid to suggest stuff !!!!

what.....

about....

Edward.....

Nor.....

...ton???

-yikes-

why do we always think about our own impression of the characters we wanna cast in movies? ;P

To be honest, I highly doubt that we'll ever see a movie based on Space Quest.

Nor would I ever want there be one. We have Galaxy Quest and Titan A.E., those are good enough for me.

You don't like Stellar? Why not? I rather liked her, though her appearance was rather sudden. It'd be nice if we learned more about her history with Roger.

Edward Norton could work. Might have to lighten his hair a bit though. If we want an older Roger, Denis Leary could work nicely, though again, he's older than Roger by a good ten to twenty years. Nathan Fillion would also make a rather dashing Roger Wilco.

To be honest, I highly doubt that we'll ever see a movie based on Space Quest.

You don't like Stellar? Why not? I rather liked her, though her appearance was rather sudden. It'd be nice if we learned more about her history with Roger.

LMAO!! I meant Ben STILLER!!! lol but I cracked my head open laughing at you referring to Ben as HER!!! LOOOL

I didn't like the whole notion of Stellar existing at all seeing as Beatrice was supposed to be Roger's one true love. Seems like a lot of unnecessary drama. I never really had an opinion on Stellar as a character because she just plain uninteresting.

couldn't agree anymore... she is just an unnecessary extra...

Well that's what you get when you have the spelling and sentence structure of a teenager.

As for Stellar, she was "uninteresting" simply because Space Quest 6 was a lame duck as far as the story went. It had a lot of potential, but it felt like it dragged on in the beginning, and it never really lived up to the potential. Which is especially sad given it had such a cliffhanger ending.

Well that's what you get when you have the spelling and sentence structure of a teenager.

yep a teenage a decade ago! sory me bad anglish zbeeking...

btw u just made me wanna admit: I never liked SQ6 much... I mean I actually played it for the sake of the previous ones... but of course I played all sq12345 for the love of the game! that's why I think SQ7 got cancelled.. I felt they were taking a bad route and if sq7 got produced it wouldav sucked big time. specially if it was 3D and used the graphics that were officially released....

just sayin

• 2 weeks later...

Plus, DNA doesn't store any memories so Emperor Palpatine would have to be re-educated each time he was cloned.

No no, he carried his entire consciousness between bodies with the Force! Obviously! ;)

Or...Or it was the Animus! Yes, they took that clone body and made him relive all his past memories! Precisely!

And thus, another nail in the coffin of cloning: boring, unoriginal, unscientifc.