A somewhat unconventional promotional attempt...

Akril

Thalia James of the Computer Game Maintenance Squad (see current signature) decided to go above and beyond the call of duty and embark on what could be considered the most challenging puzzle of all: getting a male teenager to cooperate with a much older adult.

Though her nephew's lineage is somewhat dubious (she's hypothesized that he's either a subspecies of human that has developed on another planet or a human-alien hybrid), she nonetheless felt he would be a perfect candidate to help promote one of the many adventure game projects that some of the people on the Outside are trying to get off the ground.

post-721-0-11194300-1339191467_thumb.gif

(And yes, he was adopted.)

unconventional, sure, interesting and neat, yes :) Good job Akril.

Time to bug you about working on more games, I think ;)

Thanks!

I know I should be working on other games, but I just don't really seem to have the drive that much anymore. Pledge Quest was fairly easy because it was so small and I had a lot of help (plus a pretty good reason to get the thing done ASAFP), but I just can't seem to muster enough enthusiasm to work on my other projects that much anymore.

Thanks!

I know I should be working on other games, but I just don't really seem to have the drive that much anymore. Pledge Quest was fairly easy because it was so small and I had a lot of help (plus a pretty good reason to get the thing done ASAFP), but I just can't seem to muster enough enthusiasm to work on my other projects that much anymore.

You should be doing whatever it is that brings you some happiness. It's all too easy for us to demand more, more, more, from talented and prolific artists without considering the toll it takes on them (no, I'm not saying Spikey is doing that... I'm saying all of us are prone to that on one level or another). Those that are friends, and truly appreciate your work will be willing to wait for inspiration to strike, and will (again) appreciate whatever effort you make. It's clear that you have a love for adventure games and fan fiction... I suspect that it will strike again at some point.

When it does, there is no reason you couldn't have the same level of help and support from friends here, and even (hopefully!) a whole new generation of brilliant adventure game fans spawned from this current revival. For what it's worth, I'm honored to have been around for this "small" effort of yours, and to see your creative process in action. Thank you for that, Akril.