Did Roger Tell the Two Guys?

Sir Procestuous

I posted this originally a few years back, but I figured enough time has passed to allow this to once again seem like a 'fresh, new, highly creative' post idea! :D

After they successfully escape the dreaded pirates of pestulon, do you think Roger and the two guys ever discuss Roger's past adventures up to that point?

I personally think they did, or how else would the games exist for us to play?

I read the companion years ago, which claimed that Roger never told the two guys about his past, but through a paradox they somehow learn of his adventures, or something along those lines.

I remember never cared for that interpretation, as I always imagined they'd want to know more about their mysterious space ranger rescuer, and his stories would inspire them to create 'Space Quest' games at Sierra

I don't believe there really was any time. I get that we're not given any real timeline as to how long Roger and the Two Guys were in the ship together but I was under the impression that it wasn't long. 

My explanation is basically "It wasn't meant to make sense. It's just some fun fourth wall breaking humour", but if I had to somehow make it work I would probably explain it something like so...

Roger exists in a fabricated universe put into reality by the Two Guys themselves. Much as how entire worlds could be written and created within books in Myst, the two Andromedans created the entire world Roger is from and his entire life through some sort of ancient Andromedan psychic/magic/insanity. 

Now they only craft Roger's life AFTER he drops them off on Earth. When they go to Earth, they are traveling to the past. Thing is, the events that led to Roger's saving the Two Guys had to occur in the way that they did because it became a fixed point in time for them. If Roger never saved them, the universe wouldn't exist. So as such, by the very laws of the universe they had to write Roger's life in an almost astounding coincidental manner or face their own doom, which in turn would create a terrible paradox. So without having any account of Roger's life, their games (Roger's world) were created in precisely the needed manner due to the very laws of time and the universe guiding them. 

The Two Guys themselves don't realize what is happening and attribute the character in their game to the faint memory of the "moron" who saved them and inspired the character design for his own creation.

Well... that was just my quick attempt at making sense of things. I don't think it's perfect, but it'll do for now.

I read the companion years ago, which claimed that Roger never told the two guys about his past, but through a paradox they somehow learn of his adventures, or something along those lines.

I remember never cared for that interpretation, as I always imagined they'd want to know more about their mysterious space ranger rescuer, and his stories would inspire them to create 'Space Quest' games at Sierra

Don't believe anything you read in the Companion. ;)

In Space Quest IV, when you first get to the mall in SQX, the "Two Geeks from Andromeda" are signing copies of their latest game in one of the stores. So if Roger was able to come that close to them a second time so far from Earth, it's possible that they just ran into each other again in the intervening years.