1. 1. Hardest Space Quest Game

• Space Quest I: The Sarien Encounter - EGA
    • Space Quest I: The Sarien Encounter - VGA
    • Space Quest II: Vohaul
    • Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon
    • Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers
    • Space Quest V: The Next Mutation
    • Space Quest VI: The Spinal Frontier

I must have totally lucked out and as such it has affected my perception of which game is the hardest.

SQ1: I actually found the glass shard on the first try. The survival kit on the other hand took me a bit to find, not that it matters as I only found it after several playthroughs of the game.

SQ2: Never encountered a dead end. Get across swamp? Just watch what the little alien does Deep part of water? There's gotta be a reason for that. Investigate! Can't hold gem? Next logical step? Mouth! Exact wording of "Say The Word"... ok that one annoyed me. Beat the maze on the first try. In fact, to this day I have never seen the monster in the maze aside from videos of other people playing it. When the Labion Terror beast came onto the screen, I just walked off the screen and came back and he was gone. I ran to the elevator without using the rock or the supporter. Alien kiss? If you kept playing after that you were just asking to lose. It's actually completely possible to beat the game without the supporter, the Cubix Rube, or the rock. I actually found it to be one of the more straightforward games.

SQ3: Pretty easy actually... well beside the point that I decoded the message on the arcade machine without the decoder ring, but I like to do things the hard way :D

SQ4: As a kid I just had fun walking around, so the Galleria Arcade thing was a non-issue. Although oddly enough, I didn't get the slime in the sewers and I got stuck on getting through the door to the super computer. I would say that SQ4 did make me scratch my head the most though. I'd say it was probably the second hardest.

SQ5: ... The freaking maze on the Goliath! I hate that maze!

SQ6: I stopped playing after Polysorbate LX. Definitely the hardest and most frustrating for me.