Adventure: All in the Game

Datadog

Akril's new game is out!

"Adventure: All in the Game" is a follow-up to her previous Adventure that takes the player behind the scenes of the adventure game world. I highly recommend this new one because the work she's put into it is phenomenal. The story is solid and full of twists, the characters are great, and her hand-drawn animation is incredible. This is one of the most professional-looking things I've seen come out of AGS and extremely well worth a look.

Oh, yes - and there's Space Quest references a-plenty in this one. :wink:

Go play it now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

MusicallyInspired +1

Really wonderful all-in-one game. There're more interesting moments than in the first and there's more twirled plot. And also it has nice mini-games and a bit more difficult puzzles.

Akril, also I wonder the 'Sledge Rockfist' character is somewhy revelant to me, or he's just had similary name? :P

And also the game has optional moment near the end (when Thalia is imprisoned). And AAITG has references to more games, has more interesting locations.

Btw, some place has two locations! Somewhere near the first mission with Sledge. This place has location (#2) with fence else. I mean, Thalia and Sledge teleported to this place and without the second teleporting went to location with fence. It's rare moment! Because all games represents in this 'CGMS Universe', as 1-location place...) i.e. you can go only to one location of one game at one time. Or sorta...

Anyway cool game. Thanks for it! It has interesting animations, ideas, funny and thrill things. Maybe there'll be ATIJ 3?)

Really I think this second chapter must get some prize in a some AGS award.

Once more. In ATIJ there's one bad moment in puzzles - it was linear. I mean, you find items and use it immedietly after you got them. Usually in the old adventures you get items from many places and use it in an unpredictable moment in an unpredictable location. For example, you take some items in the beginning of a game and then use it only at the end, etc.

But in 'ATIJ 2' this moment is a bit already fixed.

What the flange cool game! Yo! (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y) (Y)

Akril, also I wonder the 'Sledge Rockfist' character is somewhy revelant to me, or he's just had similary name? :P

I didn't mean for it as a reference to you. I don't remember exactly when I came up with it. I was trying to think of the most over-the-top, macho, "actiony" name possible for a character, and "Sledge Rockfist" was the name I decided to use.

Anyway cool game. Thanks for it! It has interesting animations, ideas, funny and thrill things. Maybe there'll be ATIJ 3?)

Thank you. There might be a third game, but it may be a long time before that happens. I don't have any real plot ideas yet.

Once more. In ATIJ there's one bad moment in puzzles - it was linear. I mean, you find items and use it immedietly after you got them. Usually in the old adventures you get items from many places and use it in an unpredictable moment in an unpredictable location. For example, you take some items in the beginning of a game and then use it only at the end, etc.

But in 'ATIJ 2' this moment is a bit already fixed.

Yes -- the linearity was one of several things criticized in the first game I tried to correct in the sequel. Making a non-linear game was pretty hard, but I think it was worth it.

Thanks again, Sledgy!

• 2 weeks later...