SQ Minecraft Server/Website Launched

I just wanted to thank the admins for the great server. I've been having a great time thus far and have finally gotten settled in a temporary hut. Are there any ideas for community projects that people have wanted built that I can help with? I've started a rudimentary nether wart farm, but it needs some work to be safe from ghasts. I'm open to suggestions!

Glad to see new members join. I enjoyed the bit of cave adventure we had that night :). The best thing to protect against ghasts is cobblestone. I've seen Wart Farms with glass as well, though. But I'm not sure if they protect against ghasts. Maybe they can't see through glass? I'm pretty sure they can destroy it, though. But cobblestone is solid against it.

As for community projects, I'm open to suggestions there. There was another member that had worked on those two large Roger Wilco monuments in front of his tower, nicely visible from the main town. Other than there I don't think there is anything on the go at the moment. It would be nice to get something started, though, and have people become more active.

You're right about the ghasts. Glass, vines and leaves are tricky becuase the ghast can't see through it but they are easliy broken by stray fireballs. I was planning on using some combination of stone brick, nether brick and iron bars. Hopefully I can come up with an interesting design.

I should probably play some Space Quest on the side to get some inspiration :).

A few of us have begun attempting to expand the starting town area. We've started on a bridge over the lake where we will expand the town in that direction. Anyone wanting to contribute can and should do so. It'd be fun to have a few of us on there crafting and planning. :)

Also, the griefing problem seems to have been quelled now with the new security measures taken. New members will be authorized a bit slower than simply joining, but it's worth it. Already I've added a number of new guys who are starting to contribute.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a town with cobblestone river banks and a hilltop fort emerging to the east of the spawn.

I started it some time ago and today Star joined in as well.

If anyone wants to add to it, feel free. I'd love to see where people have taken it when I come back later :D

It's inspired by Dinant in Belgium and its citadel (photo), but doesn't have to copy it.

Also, I removed protection from the chests in the first public storage house near spawn (the one with a nether portal in it) and added a few items.

There's a town with cobblestone river banks and a hilltop fort emerging to the east of the spawn.

I started it some time ago and today Star joined in as well.

If anyone wants to add to it, feel free. I'd love to see where people have taken it when I come back later :D

It's inspired by Dinant in Belgium and its citadel (photo), but doesn't have to copy it.

Also, I removed protection from the chests in the first public storage house near spawn (the one with a nether portal in it) and added a few items.

:D I know,i'm awesome :D

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not against anybody helping out. There are Builder positions open for those that want to contribute. As long as you've been on the server a while and proven yourself trustworthy, you have but to ask and I can bump up your status to Builder and get you started. The server itself hasn't had very much attention or members outside of the few Survival World players that there are. So far I've been building it entirely myself. As it is, Kerona is still only partially done.

Thank you for info. I'm looking forward to join your community. (I have to slow internet at the moment to play minecraft online)

EDIT: I forgt to tell you about my idea of SQ3. Every planet, Junk ship and M-butger will have two spaceships.

Pestulon: Skull fighter and Mallard

Ortega:Skull fighter and Mallard

Junk ship:Escape pod and Mallard

M-burger:Guy-in-black-suit's ship and Mallard

Phleehbuht (I cant remeber how to type it) :Arnoid's ship(Will look same as WD-40's) and Mallard.

Mallard will have 3 teleports and other ships will have2 teleports to other planets/stations/ships.

Thank you for info. I'm looking forward to join your community. (I have to slow internet at the moment to play minecraft online)

EDIT: I forgt to tell you about my idea of SQ3. Every planet, Junk ship and M-butger will have two spaceships.

Pestulon: Skull fighter and Mallard

Ortega:Skull fighter and Mallard

Junk ship:Escape pod and Mallard

M-burger:Guy-in-black-suit's ship and Mallard

Phleehbuht (I cant remeber how to type it) :Arnoid's ship(Will look same as WD-40's) and Mallard.

Mallard will have 3 teleports and other ships will have2 teleports to other planets/stations/ships.

I like the idea :D

I just wanted to thank the admins for the great server. I've been having a great time thus far and have finally gotten settled in a temporary hut. Are there any ideas for community projects that people have wanted built that I can help with? I've started a rudimentary nether wart farm, but it needs some work to be safe from ghasts. I'm open to suggestions!

1.3.2 has come out.It was a GREAT idea to save some un-generated terrain so we can find emeralds in Extreme Hills and Villagers to trade with!

I want to be a builder. I made some pics of my creations to show off building skills.

The escape pod:

post-3-0-85415200-1345465384_thumb.png

post-3-0-21480100-1345465422_thumb.png

post-3-0-28387800-1345465456_thumb.png

Skull fughter (Stone slabs at the back are closed wings):

[Error: no pic]

post-3-0-18169600-1345465502_thumb.png

My remake of mallard: COOL, ACCURATE and you can open warp motivator hatch using a lever in cockpit. Ill post it later

Edited by pcj
Switch external pics to attachments

• 1 month later...

I've gotta say, I've browsed over some of the photos in this thread, and this is some pretty intriguing stuff! No - AWESOME! Very impressive work, and while I have never played minecraft before (and still don't have the time and fear trying it b/c I've seen others addicted to it), if I ever do start, it'll be because of this SQ spin off.

:y: