Actually it is possible to get the unstable ordnance without hacks/debug. I did that several years ago. What you need to do is:
1) Play without DosBox. Set game's speed to maximum;
2) After you get out of the sewers go one screen north;
3) Return to the previous screen as fast as you can (sequel policemen won't be able to shoot you because the game is too fast);
3) Now you can safely pick up the unstable ordnance;
4) Go one screen north and one screen east. Save the game;
5) Restore your saved game in DosBox;
6) Go one screen south and get into the ship.
I know I've been following the Two Guys Kickstarter for Space Venture with an active eye. Someting tells me that you guys around here haven't heard about it yet - www.tgakick.com if you haven't seen it!
Heh - just kidding!
But seriously - it's the big push now. The final days. I'm very excited about it, and things seem to keep climbing. This game getting funded is so important to me. I know it's important to all of us. I figured a thread where we could watch, talk about and support the final push was in order.
I'm so impressed with how hard everyone here has worked to support this. I've seen all your names all over the Kickstarter, Twitter, here, there everywhere..... I love being a part of this community. I'm glad that people like you care about adventure games, and that you care about Space Quest.
I know there's been some lumps in this campaign, and some extremely shifty things have gone down. Let's save the savagry about that for later. Scott and Mark.... they're like old friends. To some of you, they ARE old friends! And I want to see my friends rise again to do what they do best. Mark, Scott and Chris Pope are working so hard on all of this. We're going to do this.
And someday, in the future, I wanna have a Google hangout where we're all playing Space Venture together. Because it's gonna happen.