SQ5 Space Bar Music Easter Egg

MusicallyInspired

So, did anybody else notice that the last five notes in the Space Bar theme is the famous five musical note sequence from Close Encounters of the Third Kind? Or am I just exclusively dense and never caught on until now?

SQ5 Space Bar Theme

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYCBgSRNjk0

It'd be neat sometime to get them together for an interview (Christopher Stevens & Tim Clarke and Ken Allen) with each if them talking about the different directions they took/would have taken and if certain sections might have been very similar or vastly different to how the other did/would have done it.

It'd be neat sometime to get them together for an interview (Christopher Stevens & Tim Clarke and Ken Allen) with each if them talking about the different directions they took/would have taken and if certain sections might have been very similar or vastly different to how the other did/would have done it.

That it would. I wonder how hard it would be to track Stevens and Clarke down. I doubt Mark would still know where they hang out. Does anyone have any friends in what used to be Dynamix?

Wow, I completely glossed over that. It was such an entrancing song, though. Reminded me of what a shrooms trip must be like...

I like how it "reminded" you of what a shrooms trip "must be like" ... how can it remind you of something unspecific in your imagination? :)

I've been on shrooms. I'd love to kick back and listen to the Spacebar music all evening on shrooms, but it wouldn't sound any different. The couch might bubble and undulate a bit, though.

I like how it "reminded" you of what a shrooms trip "must be like" ... how can it remind you of something unspecific in your imagination? :)

I've been on shrooms. I'd love to kick back and listen to the Spacebar music all evening on shrooms, but it wouldn't sound any different. The couch might bubble and undulate a bit, though.

I don't know, that sentence sounded right in my head when I typed it out, and I certainly can't think of a better way to phrase it. I was going to just say "reminds me of a shrooms trip" but that would imply that I had actually been on shrooms, which, unlike you, I have not. ;)

I can't imagine it would sound any different, nor would it need to. :lol: Also, I am now visualizing the concept of your couch morphing into a lava lamp.

I can't imagine it would sound any different, nor would it need to. :lol: Also, I am now visualizing the concept of your couch morphing into a lava lamp.

It would be quite the pleasant shrooms-soundtrack, actually. :)

And it was my friend's couch, actually. It had a very pleasant-looking crosshatch pattern that gently undulated when you stared at it. Nothing creepy; nothing morphing or changing shapes. Just little tiny, very gentle movements of patterns.

That it would. I wonder how hard it would be to track Stevens and Clarke down. I doubt Mark would still know where they hang out. Does anyone have any friends in what used to be Dynamix?

Over the years, I've spoken to both Tim Clarke and Chris Stevens. The following is all from memory with no contemporary Googling or emailing, so could be out of date.

Tim is a trombonist and jazz musician who's highly regarded. he did own a game music company, SCORE, at one point, but I think that's folded since. I once approached him about SQ5 and he was still into it. I never took advantage of his interest at the time though, unfortunately.

Chris Stevens is a Nashville producer, his most famous act is the Christian hiphop (?) sort of act, Toby Mac. He's a successful guy. I've only spoken to him briefly, and he never got back to me the last time we traded emails.

As for Close Encounters, I guess it is! Great find MI! Reminds me of the Bond movie Moonraker where that 5 notes is the keypad to get into the bad guys' lab.

I had no idea he was working with Toby Mac! Great artist, whether you like Christian music or not. He has quite a diverse group with him and produces all kinds of music (not just hip hop, though that's where he's rooted). His last album peaked the US billboards chart at #1. That's out of everything not just Christian music. So I guess Mr. Stevens IS doing very well for himself!