Bird and stuff in Space Quest III?

BlockMaster

I found these lines in the source code of Space Quest III : "Looks like this bird's in good shape.", "So, how do you like the game so far? Was it worth $59.95?" "Hey, we're hungry. We haven't eaten anything but jello for the last few weeks." "I hafta go to the bathroom." "Can't you make this crate go any faster?" "Just between you and me, I think ol' Wilco's been in space too long."

What does that means? There is no bird in Space Quest III, and they mention the game's price. I wonder if you know something about this.

I found these lines in the source code of Space Quest III : "Looks like this bird's in good shape.", "me, I think ol' Wilco's been in space too long."

There is no bird in Space Quest III. I wonder if you know something about this.

Best guess: it refers to the Aluminum Mallard in the garbage freighter; "bird" being slang for airborne vessel.

And this : " The quakes started by the detonator have broken open a huge crack in the planet surface, which you and everything else in the vicinity have fallen into. The super-heated magma does a quick work of boiling you alive." Strange, because I don't remember that you have a limited time to escape Ortega after you blow up the generator.

• 3 weeks later...

Strange, because I don't remember that you have a limited time to escape Ortega after you blow up the generator.

I've gotten myself killed here tons of times, mainly because I usually crank the game speed (I'm impatient) and that also cranks the in-game timer. Sometimes I don't even make it out of the shield generator's ground floor before getting my ass blown to bits.

And this : " The quakes started by the detonator have broken open a huge crack in the planet surface, which you and everything else in the vicinity have fallen into. The super-heated magma does a quick work of boiling you alive." Strange, because I don't remember that you have a limited time to escape Ortega after you blow up the generator.

A bit late, but yes, if you do take too long to escape Ortega,
(skip to 2:30 in this video).

I also found this line : "You've been getting some mighty strange ideas from playing 'KQ II', haven't you? You loose 5 points."

That's from the code from the scene with the snake. I'd think typing "bridle snake" would trigger it, but I haven't been able to make that happen in the game.