New SQ7 beta thread

Spikey

The thing is Telltale is not going to make SQ7 and even if they did, it wouldn't tell us what Josh Mandel had in mind for SQ7 when he ended SQ6 with such a cliffhanger ending, so what would be the point? It's your SQ7 we want, not somebody else's.

Did you have further negociation with the copyright holder now that it's Activision who's owning the rights to SQ?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What prevents you from just removing the "7" from the title, create a different website, use different pseudonyms and continue to work on it? How would Activision know that this "new" project is the same as the old one?

It would probably work too. Ever heard of X-Strike Studios? They're a group of people who make low-budget movies based on video games AND sell them online - and all they have to do is change all the names ("Metal Gear Solid" becomes "Project: Snake" and so on...)

• 4 months later...

Colin man, just make a video in camstudio of gameplay or something; call it a late christmas present and let's just put it to rest forever. I really can live with that if I really just see it. I have been waiting since I was 12 years old and I am now 19. It's even crazy for me to think that I have ever waited for anything. I just want to see what it looks like. Demo would be even cooler. But I'm grateful for anything at this point. It is infinitely better than nothing.

• 4 weeks later...

space quest is dead. all of you can suck it.

there is no point in caring anymore.

sq7 is like megan fox. she is hot as hell and you can want to tap that all you want, but you never will, ever.

and for the record, i would be more than happy with 85% of megan fox...i mean sq7. who needs feet or lower legs...i mean an ending anyway?

fml. :frusty:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

I'm mad.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also Jess Morrisette(founder of the Broomcloset) has turned into a huge douche bag. He basically let the Broomcloset die and wouldn't update anything even though he is online every freaking day. He also won't friend anyone who is a SQ fan on facebook and now is a "professor" working at Marshall University, teaching some lame PS classes no one cares about. I have a degree in History, which is considered better,yet I don't have the superiority complex Jess does now. So fuck that dude.

Sounds like you're the douche here. If the SQ community is dead (which it basically is) there's nothing wrong with moving on. Jess doesn't owe anything to the SQ community and is doing will for himself. Just because he won't update the Broomcloset (with nothing new to add at that) doesn't mean he's a douche. It means you're a douche for being so unrealistically demanding. People have lives and need to live them, and it sounds like Jess's is a good one. Also, I don't just friend people on Facebook either even if they are a member of the Sierra community. I have to be good friends with them to put them on Facebook. Not everybody uses it as a competition to see who can get the most friends.

Yeah man, screw Jess for not updating the Broomcloset! I mean look at Frans, he's updating Spacequest.net daily with all the exciting new events that are happening in the Space Quest commun-OH WAIT!

Seriously, if you're so pissed off that SQ is "dead", why don't you just move on and go find something else to occupy your time? Those of us who still enjoy Space Quest will continue to discuss it here. Get over yourself.

So fuck that dude.

I'm agree with guys, he's not slave of the SQ community.

I'm pity, too, that The SQ.Net and The Broomcloset have no any updates anymore and I didn't understand it too (and I still don't fully understand it now), but... The authors of these sites have own choices, and sometimes people haven't choices because of real life.

Really, the real life is more cool than even SQ. If you're not agree with all of it, you can create your own SQ site and live for this.

And I don't think that SQ is dead. While SQ fans are alive, it can't be dead.

He basically let the Broomcloset die and wouldn't update anything even though he is online every freaking day.

Everybody's online everyday. Hell, my grandmother's on everyday. So where's your SQ fan-site? What do you update it with?

It's time to move on and quit with the BS that SQ will be alive again anytime soon.

Why are you complaining about SQ being dead, and then bad-mouthing Jess who figured it out years before you did?

I have a degree in History, which is considered better,yet I don't have the superiority complex Jess does now.

You don't have his charming personality either.

It's important to note that Jess still has a lot of friends here in the SQ community, and he's a really great guy on top of that who now has a very busy and fulfilling life. So if he's not accepting any friend requests from random SQ fans he's never met, it's probably because he's moved on and doesn't want them to keep bugging him about the VB.

I think the heart of the matter here is that dlee7283 believes everybody is like him and uses Facebook just to throw everybody he knows, doesn't know, or has heard of just to get a bigger friends list. That's not what what everyone uses it for. I only use it to stay in touch with my family, close friends, and friends I used to know and lost contact with.

Yeah, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to side with the others, bud, but I'll try to vary the scolding advice a bit, and resist the urge to pounce on the remaining ludicrousness which the others have already covered, so I can feel like I'm actually giving you something new, and perhaps feel a little less guilty for lashing back on you:

Also Jess Morrisette(founder of the Broomcloset) has turned into a huge douche bag. He basically let the Broomcloset die and wouldn't update anything even though he is online every freaking day. He also won't friend anyone who is a SQ fan on facebook and now is a "professor" working at Marshall University, teaching some lame PS classes no one cares about. I have a degree in History, which is considered better,yet I don't have the superiority complex Jess does now. So fuck that dude.

Okay, so... your reasoning functions like this: "Space Quest is dead, therefore > How dare Jess pursue a future in education (political science above all!) in lieu of updating a Space Quest fan site? For free, far into his adulthood, to satisfy grubby, selfish complainers who just want to take and take and take, all the while treating him like it's his job to do so, for them? Furthermore, because I myself have a degree in history, which is considered BETTER than PS, it makes the lack of Space Quest updates all the more heinous, and because I don't personally know the man nor anything about his own business and desires > I am not possibly flawed in presuming that because he doesn't wish to friend thousands of random fans he doesn't personally know, he is without a doubt the greatest d***** bag history has ever known, despite that he hasn't bad-talked the fans, nor I myself; and while my only knowledge of him is over the internet there is no way I can possibly be mistaken as to picking up on implied tones of voice or attitudes that aren't even there or which he hasn't clearly and overtly expressed in clear language.

...but I was so sick of the fans who wouldn't accept the fact that SQ was dead. It's time to move on and quit with the BS that SQ will be alive again anytime soon.

Why, does history tell you this?

Sorry for the rant, just sad SQ ended the way it did.

Are you for real? Sad? Yes, sad indeed, but not nearly as much as the inferiority complex that you have screamed in your post. Anyone reading it can see how little you feel about yourself, but this doesn't give you the right to lash out on someone like Jess. We can see it in your un-called-for crudity, your cursing of Jess, and your spitefulness, but most notably in the very fact that you bother to bring up your own degree and compare it to his. This isn't about Space Quest at all: this is about you cyber-bullying because you haven't got any real guts. let me tell you something bud, anything and everything that Jess, or Frans, or any other ardent fan has contributed to the community is something we should all either be grateful for or keep our mouths shut about it. How rude of you to demand and pass judgment on another fan for failing to continue to provide you with gratification, to attack his personal life and whatnot. To come here, on a whim, to a board full of fans and followers of the series, and talk shit like you do? If you don't like it, you don't have to talk.

Either do something to make the future of Space Quest brighter, or don't, but don't come here and whine. I mean, really?

But yeah, historian, wow, that is something. You know, that's nothing like active political debate, and it's nothing like the laboring individuals who have painstakingly put together fine wells of information on your favorites game series,' continued to update their websites for years, and although perhaps too busy or simply enjoying life too much (rightfully so) to make further updates, continue to hold them up online for you and I to this very present day! Yeah, historian, oooh, that is something. To be able to sit back and watch others, not doing anything, but running our mouths, waiting for other people to 'slip up' (note the punctuation around those words, mind you) so that we can TALK about it, because we sure as hell ain't good for anything else. Will we lead a nation, no! Will we invent the lightbulb, no! Will we discover the new world, despite how many go against us and tell us it's impossible and we should just "forget about it"? Hell no! But we WILL talk shit about everybody, it's all we're good at.

Yeah, I had a history instructor who couldn't pronounce three-syllable words worth a fine flying flapjack (he also flunked out of his preferred choice of major), and I knew another guy (very friendly and humble actually. Now, HIM I have a lot of respect for, cause he didn't have an attitude like you. Stupidity with cockiness just doesn't mix well - ) who got is masters in history, and is now cutting meat at the market. (Again, I respect this man, he uses his hands more than his mouth, and when he does use his mouth, he does so in a way which enlightens rather than turns me off.)

You're just a phony. Did you foresee this happening, dlee dally? Did you foresee that making an ass of yourself and insulting people would lead to this? Let this be a lesson to all you cyber-punkers, don't try this in person!