All kneel before the greatest SQ fan!

DrSlash

I don't think you can get more proof than that.

I keep forgetting that in this day and age, we can just say hi to people like Scott Murphy and Al Lowe directly and get awesome comments like that. I think the fan in me is still too freaked out by this concept to do anything other than lurk on their twitter accounts.

I don't think you can get more proof than that.

I keep forgetting that in this day and age, we can just say hi to people like Scott Murphy and Al Lowe directly and get awesome comments like that. I think the fan in me is still too freaked out by this concept to do anything other than lurk on their twitter accounts.

I know exactly what you mean. And also, there's the added thing that, while I could talk Space Quest all night if anyone let me, I know most other people are not so, shall we say, single-mindedly inclined. So even when I have something I'd like to ask or say to Scott or Al, I find myself holding back if it has to do with their past glories, because I don't want to be the guy who just keeps talking about Sierra games all the time. That might be silly, and I know Josh loves talking about the series with fans - hell, he gave Sledgy an interview. ;) (Just kidding, Sledg, you know I love you.) But I did spend a good chunk of years in the past doing nothing but e-mailing them about their work, so at this point, dredging up any more memories is starting to feel like beating a dead horse in front of them (now there's a mental image for you - showing up at Leslie Balfour's doorstep dragging a horse carcass and carrying an aluminum bat, ringing the doorbell and, well...), even though I personally am far from tired of talking about it. :)

Yeah, that sounds about right. It feels like you're bothering a celebrity about something they hear a million times a day. And really, I don't think I could go thirty seconds talking to any of them without starting on about adventure games. The signals I pick up are that if they aren't actively joining the community and dropping in to say hi every now and then, then they probably just want their space. I know I would.

They still have lives. I feel that they've probably moved on, like many in the community.

Being on Twitter isn't necessarily an open invitation to bug them about stuff they did decades ago. Not sure I would go for that either.

On the other hand, it wouldn't hurt to toss an appreciative comment their way once in awhile.

Just my thoughts here.

That's true. Scott alone seems to tweet about everything except adventure games. But it seems he's recently started following me on Twitter as well, so an appreciative comment seems more than appropriate now.

There was also a comment on the SQInc site left by someone claiming to be Mark Crowe. I've written back to Mark's actual e-mail, but haven't gotten any reply. I think I might have fan-gushed too much.

Space Quest is also unique in the sense that there is practically zero chance of an official revival. The only way that would happen is if Activision somehow noticed that there was still juice left in the old Mallard and decided to capitalize on it, Escape Factory-style. Thr original creators have really long since moved on. And even though Josh Mandel stated he'd gladly have orked on SQ7.org for Activision if they'd paid him, Activision has made it very clear that they're just not interested in that.

What's keeping Space Quest alive is the dedicated fan base, which I'm very proud to be a part of, and which is populated by some amazingly talented and creative people. The series is being carried on in spirit, with the blessings of the original creators, and that's just about the best place it could be, all things considered.

That's true. Scott alone seems to tweet about everything except adventure games. But it seems he's recently started following me on Twitter as well, so an appreciative comment seems more than appropriate now.

There was also a comment on the SQInc site left by someone claiming to be Mark Crowe. I've written back to Mark's actual e-mail, but haven't gotten any reply. I think I might have fan-gushed too much.

Or it got spam filtered out. You would have to guess that someone like Mark would be a lot more targeted for unwanted email. He has always been a lot more quiet on Facebook than Scott.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The same thing

A letter to the Two Guys site via the Sierra question form

---

Hello, my dear wonderful ex-Sierra employers.

I'm that Ken, your ex-boss. I think, we can create new great shit, a good money project.

Money Project

Space Money Project

Mmm I feel money odor! I think, we can. WE CAN!

Damn, we are all pretty guys. And we understand that the game industry is a cool shit.

So...

I'm Ken.

And I like some AGS-game maker Sledgy. He creates very nice games! Wow. I'm excited! See his game Koschei, it's great.

http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php?act ... il&id=1251

Thanks him for my childhood... I mean, grown-hood... whatever.

I'm Ken!

And also this f--kin' guy has cool ideas about SQ7. He calls it SQS - Space Quest Sequel. There're cool new enemies, no Vohauls, cool references to almost new movies... I love it!

See it here, but alas it's in Russian

http://spacequest-time.narod.ru/files/SQS_ideas.rar

Or see that f--kin' demo!

http://spacequest-time.narod.ru/files/SQS_rus_demo.rar

Oh my god! It's brilliance! He's a genius!!! (Of course after you, Scott)

Could I join?

Your Ken

Their answer :D

https://twitter.com/#!/AndromedaGuys/st ... 5320179712