Jane Jensen Does Kickstarter

cmk2901

Haven't seen this posted here yet, but hopefully interesting to you all.

As is fashionable these days, Jane Jensen recently launched a Kickstarter campaign, you can see it here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1005365109/jane-jensens-pinkerton-road-2012-2013-csg

Overall, I'm pretty excited, and I'm hoping for some more great games from her! It seemed like she had a lot of trouble getting Gray Matter pushed out the door, and then it still seemed a bit low on production value. Gabriel Knight isn't on the table, but her next game, Moebius, sounds pretty interesting.

They've only been up a few days and seem to be trending well funding-wise, but as with any Kickstarter, they sure can use your help!

She actually has a new company called Pinkerton Productions or something. The whole idea is that they will develop games by "community funding". She had 3 choices for their first game. Moebius was the highest voted. She DID say that a GK4 might be a possibility down the road, from what I hear.

• 2 weeks later...

I donated to this mostly because of guilt over not playing Gray Matter.

Well, that's not really true. I donated because I fucking want GK4 to be her next project!

Also I want to play her new game. Good luck with that Jane.

Jane says on the Kickstarter page that GK4 is a possibility if the PR games are a success and she can get the IP.

If I had time and money, I would pledge the full 250, and be a minor staff member at Pinkerton. But I don't. LSL1 has probably cleaned me out.

Jane just announced on her KS page that she will indeed be releasing TWO adventure games this year! Moebius AND Mystery Game X. Speculations are running wild on what the new game could be. For the $50 pledge you'll get both games. So exciting!