Space Quest Historian podcast - season 2

Troels,

Really sorry to hear you can't do the podcast, mate, but I suppose for good reasons. Sadly, Pete doesn't see it that way. He's convinced that you've "retired".

As such he asked me to upload this. I can only apologise profusely.

Pete has an announcement for Troels and for the community.

Take care. And sorry. Again.

D

Yeah, I know. Sorry, man.

Listen, are the Two Guys hiring right now? I've had some health issues of late, and wonder if a change of scenery might do me good. I think we've established by now that Pete doesn't read this thing, so I reckon I'm safe.

You'd have to talk to The Pope, man. I'm pretty sure the role of sycophantic sidekick is already taken -- by me. But you never know. I do know Pope would never knowingly or willingly set someone on fire. So that's a bonus either way you look at it.

Honestly, hearing Pete Toleman belt out "Always On My Mind" is cringe-inducing in all the right ways. :)

I'm just imagining Gareth's wife off to the side, going, "Right, he's officially off the deep end. This'll be a hard one to explain to mum."

Honestly, hearing Pete Toleman belt out "Always On My Mind" is cringe-inducing in all the right ways. :)

I'm just imagining Gareth's wife off to the side, going, "Right, he's officially off the deep end. This'll be a hard one to explain to mum."

I always wait until she's out of the house. It's for the best.

Mr. China: Yes, when the time comes. Things are much less stressful now. I'll have time to finish setting things up and get back in the "studio" (i.e. my bedroom, in my underpants).

Mr. Milliways: My wife doesn't listen to the podcast, either. She gets enough of me giving excited lectures on dull shit on a daily basis.

Okay, so ... screw the twangy-ness.

Here's what's up. I'm going to do one final episode for 2014 for Christmas (or whatever holidays you guys feel most comfortable with), and it's going to be about balls-out hard-as-shit puzzles. 'Cos, you know, what says Christmas more than "I needed a WHAT to get past those cave lasers?!"?

Now, to make this extra special, I was hoping I could get a bunch of you to let me know what your favorite HARD, BUT FAIR puzzle of Space Quest was. It can be the official games, or the fan games. I also plan to ask Scott about the origins of some of these puzzles, so the more suggestions, the merrier! (I will, however, cherry-pick. You know how this works.)

Note that I said hard, but fair. No Skate-o-Rama's. No running-out-of-oxygen-while-trying-to-save-Cliffy. I mean honest to goodness hard as balls puzzles. Your rock-in-jockstraps, your dropkicking-Arnoid-in-the-gears, your Super Computer laser grids, that sort of thing.

If you can get something to me by the end of the week, the episode will come out Thursday next week, just in time for Christmas! (Again, your choice of holiday celebration may vary.)

Edit: Of course, the only way this will be really special is if you send it to me as a voice file at troels@pleimert.dk :D