Space Quest Marathon?

filipst

I don't know if JohnnyPhantom is still around, but as I posted in the other thread, If he is going to be using my installers for this play through, I hope he grabbed the latest and did clean installs before he started. I had a hard drive crash and in the recovery of data, some of the files were mixed up, leading to some configuration issues. These have now been fixed, at least for the SQ installers.

I'm going to do a marathon this Saturday evening after work. Maybe a mini-marathon of sorts along the lines that someone else suggested; run through the games without burning a single savegame, or perhaps having only one savegame per game. Or I could play that dark horse of the Space Quest fangames - The Lost Chapter.

I heard that one was tougher than Orat hide.

I think that marathons are great, but marathon every weekend can be bit too much.

I see it important that we will have a FINAL marathon with TGFA onboard near the end of the kickstarter campaign (the weekend before deadline), because that can and will make people up their pledges!

(How I know this? A marathon actually made me up my pledge).

That's a great idea. A marathon late in the campaign with the Two Guys playing their own games would be awesome.

I think that asking TGFA to play a marathon would be too much to ask, they've got so much stuff to do.

During JohnnyPhantom's marathon they hung around chatting and that was very, very cool!

Is this legit? Did I miss it, or is it just speculation right now? :)

I spoke to Chris Pope on the phone about it, so I think it's pretty legit.

They're going to be going over screenshots of the old games -- like granddaddy showing slides from old vacations -- and talking about fun stories of the development. It's not going to be a running commentary over a Long Play, per se.