Space Quest Marathon?

filipst

Yesterday, Daniel Stacey, Leonard and myself played King's Quest II VGA using Google Hangout. I just screenshared the game, and everyone in the hangout could follow along with what I was doing in the game.

Maybe we could have a big Hangout where we play Space Quest games, or we all get together around one guy playing through all six of the games. Thoughts?

Now, that would be pretty sweet! If we could somehow embed those hangouts on SQN, it would make for a pretty nifty site feature as well, and a quite innovative way to incorporate the social networks. And finally it could serve as a nice selling point for your +Roger Wilco profile as well, if you choose to host the hangouts.

Please no hangouts, use a proper gaming network thing like http://www.twitch.tv/ instead. We can get way more exposure to gamers that way.

Hangouts are a lot of fun. But you're right; maybe a playthrough of games would be better suited for something like twitch.tv.

We could use Hangouts for other things; like a "talk show" thing where we could have special guests on for an hour or so. Only thinking out loud here. :)

Hmm, interesting. I haven't looked into the hangouts much. Would it be video coming from one participant and audio from others? Does everyone need a webcam or will a mic do?

Hangouts are like video conference calls, except you can leave and rejoin as many times as you want (for as long as the Hangout remains open).

People with webcams can use those. People who only have microphones can also join; they will just display their profile picture in the Hangout.

Hi all

(not sure if im the one "Troels Pleimert" spoke of but..)

I will be hosting a marathon for the Two Guys SpaceVenture Kickstarter tomorrow May 19th 2012 at 8am EST

http://www.twitch.tv/johnnyphantom

I would love to have anyone and everyone stop in and check it out (would love a huge audience like I had with Leisure Suit Larry)

I also did the same for the Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded Kickstarter and it was really fun ^-^

With a little luck maybe even Scott and Mark will stop in ^-^

Thanks Everyone!

~John

Were we really teenagers when this whole Wilco World Wide Web thing started? Time flies when you're debating why a main character's hair changed colors between sequels...

Best of luck with the marathon! It's been ages since I've actually sat down and played the Space Quest games. Maybe I'll have to give them another spin sometime soon and rekindle those memories.

Jess

Were we really teenagers when this whole Wilco World Wide Web thing started? Time flies when you're debating why a main character's hair changed colors between sequels...

Were you really a teenager? I always thought you were so much older than me, and uh, before I get that horrible taste of foot in my mouth, I mean that in a reverent way; in a little-brotherly kind of way, really. I felt like a kid, and honestly, sometimes still do. Even with this massive power I suddenly wield, mwaah-ha-ha-ha...cough.

Maybe I'll have to give them another spin sometime soon and rekindle those memories.

Ooh, ooh. Hangout ... Hangout ... "Top tier Wilco fans play the classic and reminisce, whilst simultaneously plugging the hell out of the new SpaceVenture." I can see it all now. ;)

I could be convinced to participate. :)

Jess

Oooh! *does a silly jig* :)

Daniel Stacey's already on board, as is Fred Olsen. We could probably very easily get Leonard Kramer involved as well -- we've already been playing KQ2VGA with Dan over Hangouts. Trust us, it's tons of fun.