I'm sure that almost all you guys know the Space Quest IV time codes, but do you know them all? Sure, there is the code for Estros, the code for Space Quest XII, the code for the Galaxy Galleria and the code for Ulence Flats, that's four of them. Just for you to know, in total, there is nine time codes. Nine! I was always the kind of guy that was looking for new time codes. I spent afternoons looking for new ones. This can be a spoiler or an idea for you. If it's an idea, you can replay Space Quest IV and try to find new time codes. If it's a spoiler, click on the spoiler buttons below. Ulence Flats code :

Posted ImagePosted Image : Ulence Flats

Space Quest ? code :

Posted Image

I L??? L????? code :

Posted Image

Biggest secret in Space Quest (or game crash) code :

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

If you want to find the codes yourself without looking at the spoilers and you just want a hint, tell me, I'll give you one. Please do not reply with spoilers.

*ahem*

http://www.spaceques...sq4/eastereggs/

There's also another one that's not listed, however, which is a room full of all the assets that were removed over time from Sierra games for fear of legal action taken against them. I don't know if it's in the vanilla game, but it is activated in NewRisingSun's patched version of SQ4. There's a screenshot of that room on SQ.NET though.

http://www.spaceques.../sq4/cancelled/

Posted Image

Don't delete this! (I have to try them)

Ironically, my friend found the code for SQIII while messing around. I then thought "Hey, I can just leave this pod and wait for SQ4". Nope. Game doesn't let you off that easily.

The "I love Lunacy" and room of deleted stuff I need to try though, along with the... say what? Game crash?

The message is "Blue frogs on my shoulder makes me happy". The narrator sings that somehow. Strangely enough, frogs is mentionned one more time in the audio file. There is another message : Boy, you'd think after all these years, they'd come up with something more sophisticated than frogs jumping from log to log. That message is from the Arcade, the narrator says it also. Do you think there is a link? Also, how do you know that the message comes from the time pod? I used every option possible in the time pod. Not even one triggered the message, at least not in the CD version.

Remind me ... where's that crop up? In the voice file? 'Cos I was listening through that (grabbing soundbytes for the podcast), and I didn't come across the "blue frogs" bit.

It's about 45 or so minutes in, I think. The line occurs immediately before some of the narrator description text for the Super Computer inner sanctum. I can get you the exact time when I get home.

I believe that the "blue frog" message is in the Time Pod because I was looking through some of the game programming script a while back, and in the Time Pod script file there's a program call line called "bluefrog", and amidst some of the description text for the Time Pod (e.g. click events like "taste" or "smell"), that line appears, but without any apparent context.

The message is "Blue frogs on my shoulder makes me happy". The narrator sings that somehow.

It's about 45 or so minutes in, I think. The line occurs immediately before some of the narrator description text for the Super Computer inner sanctum. I can get you the exact time when I get home.

OH YEAH! I had completely forgotten about that! I remember finding that thing back in the old days when I was 17 years old and poking around the RESOURCE.AUD file with CoolEdit, wondering where that weird fucing line would actually crop up in the game. It had completely slipped my memory -- thanks so much for reminding me. :)

That'd be a fun sample for the podcast. ;)

Much easier these days to simply use the Resource Viewer.

Oh, great, NOW you tell me. ;)

I've actually been doing it old-school so far -- marking lines and sfx in Audacity and exporting them as individual samples. 'Cos I'm rigid and inflexible that way.

That stone-age method only works with SQ4, though, since the audio in that game is uncompressed. If you load up SQ6's audio file, you just get a frightful burst of noise.

With the Viewer you deal with the individual AUD resources. You can either extract the selected raw resources in its native AUD format or save it as a standard PCM WAV file. And it has no trouble with compressed resources. Just make sure that you get the version with the command line tools with no version number. Version 1 does not let you export to standard formats nor can it open AGI games.