Superfan Hangout Thread

So, ideas for the next Hangout?

I thought it might be fun to do a "Space Quest Debate" format. We put forward questions ("What's the funniest Space Quest?", "What's the most frustrating puzzle?", etc.) and do a roundtable discussion. Yes, it's stuff that we've been discussing for almost two decades on various forums, but it could prove interesting to do it in Hangout form instead.

Just an idea...

Jess

I'd be up for that; to me, a problem with playing games while hanging out is that I tend play enormously slowly and do a lot of game-hopping. Simply because it's funnier (read: to me) to just act like an idiot on camera ;) So I think a "Space Quest Debate"-Hangout would be quite fun, both for us Superfans and for the die-hards that'll be watching via YouTube.

If all fails, I shall get wasted and describe my theory on Bea's pregnancy, in colourful terms.

If we could get The Two Guys in on a Roundtable Hangout, that would completely blow my mind, rock my world and all manners of other superlative descriptions of coolness.

We could probably squeeze in another Hangout before the 27th, though. I will contact the Space Pope and see if we can get something together for the 27th, though.

I've e-mailed the Space Pope and the Two Guys about hopefully setting up a Hangout for the 27th. It's a Saturday, which is perfect. If we can get them in there, just for a couple of hours, we could really have some fun.

I like the Roundtable idea very much. It would be a great opportunity for us to get all nostalgic and teary-eyed about what we loved about the Space Quest games. To generate interest for the new SpaceVenture, though, I think we should also talk about all the things we're looking forward to with the new game. Just to have some semblance of order, we could think up a list of "topics" to cover beforehand, and one of us (probably me, unless someone else wants to step up) could "host"/m.c. the event.

I think that idea works best if we can get the Two Guys in on a Hangout on the 27th, though. If we have a fan-roundtable beforehand, then get 2GFA in, it could basically turn into a re-run. I'm all for "more talking, less gameplay" though. Other ideas for a 6th (really 5th) Hangout:

• Flash your collection of Space Quest goodies and talk at length about how cool you think you are.
  • The Music of Space Quest: We could play our favorite tracks from the series and talk about how cool they are. The musically inclined (or MusicallyInspired!) of us could perhaps even give a live performance of some sort. Maybe we could get Ken Allen in for a guest appearance?
  • Game development discussion: Those of you who have been involved with game development (in a Space Quest capacity) could regale us with stories about how cool they are. Pictures, in-development tidbits, what not. Getting people like Colin Davis, Blackthorne and Chris Ushko in on this would be great. (We'd have to put a cap on how much Fred could talk about VSB, though. ;) ) Akril and Jess could plug Pledge Quest II like there's no tomorrow. And I'd still like to hear Chris Geroux talk about the old days with Klik-N-Play games. :)

I'd be up for that; to me, a problem with playing games while hanging out is that I tend play enormously slowly and do a lot of game-hopping. Simply because it's funnier (read: to me) to just act like an idiot on camera ;)

As I said above, I think more people (myself included) seem to find the running commentary a lot more engaging than just a playthrough of the game. When somebody watches the Hangout on YouTube, the topmost video will be of the person who is currently speaking, thus you might notice that you and Troels tend to dominate the screen time, whereas PCJ and I do not appear as often, save for our little interjections and exclamations ("COMMANDER KEEEEN!!!")

I'll be in for however many hangouts. Maybe we could also have a forum for potential fan game ideas?

Chris, Mark and Scott are up for a Hangout on the 27th. PCJ and I will be coordinating you unruly, unkempt fans from here, and The Pope and PCJ will be handling the technical details at the convention. (Yes, PCJ is everywhere. You should know this by now.)

So ... What do you guys think? Hold up the Roundtable Hangout-idea until the 27th, when we can get the actual Two Guys in on the fun? And what theme should we go with inbetween? I'm partial to the Music Hangout, myself. ;)

Superfan Hangout #1: The Andromedan Encounter

I like that one. ;)

Superfan Hangout #1: The Andromedan Encounter

Superfan Hangout #2: Revenge of the Deadly Fan Games

Superfan Hangout #3: The Missing Floppies

Superfan Hangout #4: The Space Quest Olympics

Superfan Hangout #5: "Curse My Indecision," Cried the Ferde

Being a real sucker for round-tables and behind the scenes discussions and tidbits, I'm really excited for this! A few things I'm very curious about are how would Scott have handled SQ5 if he were on board with Mark? Would he have went with the same plotline and characters? Same for Mark in SQ6.

They did speak very highly of the respective games that they weren't a part of, but had they been a team during those games, what would they have changed?