Superfan Hangout Thread

Great to hear you guys had a good time - I'll be back to ruin it for the fifth one. Let's keep the "Leisure Suit Larry"-thing going!

Speaking of the fifth Hangout, I'd love to do one where we play non-SQ adventure games that are special to us and talk a bit about the genre in general.

Thank you so much to everyone who joined in the fun! The first Space Quest Olympics, dare I say it, was a resounding success.

Here are the events, bookmarked for your convenience and pleasure:

Spider Droid Survival Trial:

Astro Chicken Deathmatch:

Monolith Burger Mayhem:

Skimmer Survival Trial:

StarCon EGA Crest Cleaning:

Skate-O-Rama!!!!:

Super Computer Droid Slugout:

* This is the do-over, after my computer died on me during the first try. Also,

(I'm the right-most screen; Jess is second-to-left), I so got there first.

After reviewing the tape, I recognize the Space Quest Historian's Astro Chicken victory. It was a close battle, but Troels clearly triumphed.

Well-played, old friend. :)

Thank you, my dear friend. You know I wouldn't make a stink about this unless it was really, really important to my fragile sense of masculinity. ;)

Speaking of the fifth Hangout, I'd love to do one where we play non-SQ adventure games that are special to us and talk a bit about the genre in general.

That's a good idea. You probably already know what game I'd want to play. Here's a hint: it takes place under a sky made of metal.

I have an idea for the next one.. do a game marathon.. maybe each person takes turns playing a game while the others just chat about the game... (think Mystery Science Theater)

That's also not a bad idea. Unless PCJ plays. We can't talk that fast.

Also if its possible you should set up a paypal donation while doing it to go towards some of those stretch goals.

That's a very good idea! The whole point of the first Hangout was to raise awareness for the Kickstarter. If anyone really is interested in watching us make fools of ourselves in public, we could at least get some moolah out of it.

Sorry I missed it... but I can say without doubt that my weekend was worth missing it over. XD

I'll have to take your word for it. ;) Personally, very few things could take away my high of winning the Skate-o-Rama challenge. That was a piece of vindication long in the waiting.

That's a good idea. You probably already know what game I'd want to play. Here's a hint: it takes place under a sky made of metal.

I'm actually replaying that these days. Visually, it's fantastic, but I do think the comedic elements clash with its darker leanings. "It's wheezing and banging like an asthmatic dinosaur in the mating season" is a brilliant line no matter what, though.

Back on-topic, I'm already torn regarding which game I should play. "The Curse of Monkey Island," "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis," "The Pandora Directive" and "LOOM" all spring to mind as adventure games that are very dear to me. Also considering "Flight of the Amazon Queen" since it's quite funny and wonderfully self-ironic.

I would LOVE to see you give Loom a whack. That game is so ripe for some affectionate riffing.

"LOOM" it is, then. Since we have to play with audio disabled, I should go for expert mode :P

I may be occupied this weekend, though, so I'd prefer to go for the weekend after next week.

Should be able to make it, then :)

If we're going with the non-SQ adventures theme, I think we should decide in advance what we're going to play so there's no overlap. Troels has selected "Beneath a Steel Sky," and I'm going to be playing "LOOM." As far as I can tell, Jess will be playing "The Secret of Monkey Island" while Brandon is on "Myst." Sounds like Sam has got a few potential games lined up as well. Plenty of awesome adventure games out there, then - any other takers?