Superfan Hangout Thread

Hi, guys! In light of recent developments with Ken Allen joining the SpaceVenture cast as official musician, it might be time to relive the glory days of the Superfan Hangouts. We were talking about doing a Music Hangout where we each bring our favorite piece and talk poetically about it. And Ken Allen himself is interested in joining us as a special guest, if we can nail down a time.

I know it's short notice, but how does people feel about this Monday, at our standard time?

Mr. Allen would like to join us, but asks if we could move the Hangout back to an earlier time. How do people feel about these times? (7 am for him on the West Coast; 4pm for us Denmarkians.)

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Space+Quest+Superfan+Music+Hangout&iso=20130126T16&p1=69&ah=4

Totally cool with me. I hope this won't ruin it for any of the other potential participants, but if so, let me just say that losing a whole night's sleep because of the first Hangout was probably one of best decisions I've made, considering how much fun I had. While respecting that some people have tighter schedules than me, I'd like to urge everyone who might want to participate to see if they can somehow make the sacrifice. C'mon! It's Ken Allen! It'll totally be worth it :)

How are we going to play music in the Hangout? I have two sound cards on my desktop PC, so I'm covered, but should we turn in lists of the cues we want to play, should someone be appointed to "Hangout DJ" or do we just make it work individually?

I'd have no problem handling playback for everyone, but then I'd like to know which cues everyone would like to bring in. Plus, my Wi-Fi has been pretty unstable lately. Not sure if it'll play nicely next weekend.

Can we expand it to fangames? There's a theme in Incinerations that sounds just like it came from a movie.

If I decide to get plastered on-screen (again), I'm definitely gonna turn this into "True Confession Time - The Story of Peter Engel."

And good point on screensharing, Troels. I hadn't thought of that since we usually just disable the sound. It might work, but we should probably test it out beforehand. The usual 10-15 minutes before showtime, I guess. And starting with SQ music sounds fine to me; having a couple of various game soundtrack sites open in the background might be a good idea, though.

We might have another guest participant on our hands: https://twitter.com/SlashVohaul/status/294026254485704704 ;)

having a couple of various game soundtrack sites open in the background might be a good idea, though.

Good point. Also, it bears reiterating that the old SQN archives still work -- which means you can get Space Quest soundtrack mp3's ahead of time. For instance, here's the SQ3 soundtrack: http://www.spacequest.net/archives/sq3/soundtrack/