The Big Three (VSB, Incinerations, SQ2+)

mjomble

With all this speculation of what the new 2GFA game might be like, let's not forget that two major brand new adventures of Roger - plus an upgrade to his stint on Labion - were released recently and can be played right now, for free.

So, let's do a roll call - which of the three have you already played/finished, and which of them are you still missing out on?

For your convenience, some direct links:

Vohaul Strikes Back

Incinerations

Space Quest 2 Remake

I mean to play VSB, but I'm not sure whether to play through it as-is, or to do a Let's Play of it.

For what it's worth, there's already two "Let's Play Vohaul Strikes Back" series on YouTube, by Maclarin1155 and

If you decide to make a new one, something I'd recommend is to add more of a personal touch.

For example, GameHorder's VSB playthrough mostly just adds voices to the most optimal walkthrough-assisted path through the game, while pawdugan's LP of Incinerations is hilarious because of the fun they're having with the game, and the memes they try to launch ("pockets of physics!", "nuts'n'bolts'n'gravy!").

Adding to what Andres wrote, my personal advice is that you just play it - believe me, there certainly are a lot of click events in there that the other LPs have missed. Nearly everything in the game has unique feedback. And I mean nearly everything; prepping the talkie is hell. The narrator alone has 2949 lines!

I've tried all 3 thus far.

I'll admit that Incinerations hooked me for the longest, and I believe I'm neaerly done with it; but of course, things got tighter as the semester went on, and I havfen't played it for a good 2.5 months.

VSB seems to have fantastic potential, though I'll admit I gave up when the fartulance creature kept hindering me. (Not for good of course, just haven't bothered to get back to playing it yet).

SQ2vga I've played nearly all the way to the end, but am stuck at the part with the droid that guards the escape shuttle.

Is it just me, or dfoes Roger's close-up remind of Paris Hilton...? I tihnk he talks way to nerdy (through his nose too) - just my reaction; though sq2vga is certainly a very nice play through in vga.

EDIT: part with the bunny ordanance was just wrong.

VSB seems to have fantastic potential, though I'll admit I gave up when the fartulance creature kept hindering me. (Not for good of course, just haven't bothered to get back to playing it yet).

You're not supposed to get past him. See if you can find another way. The way out sticks out like a sore thumb, so it should be easy enough to find - no... bones about it :wink:

I think Chris was mainly making light of the fact that when when all these games were released, SQ2+ seemed to get most of the attention, even though people had been pining for a sequel for more than a decade at that point. They got two, and they still preferred nostalgia :)

This is not to be interpreted as resentment, though. IA did a great job with SQ2+, and VSB and SQInc have since gotten some great promotion ;)

I played all of them. Chris and Team VSB were kind enough to let me play their games ahead of time, so I haven't played the final versions - haven't even seen my name in the SQInc credits. ;)

I loved them all, to be honest. SQ2VGA was a wonderful trip down memory lane, lovingly recreated, and a real joy (I did turn the voices off, though - sorry, guys!). VSB was a colorful fun-ride. SQInc had me on the edge of my seat sweating buckets. Three different experiences, all great in my book.

Something tells me Edge of Earnon is going to be a fourth different experience, and I am looking very much forward to playing that as well.

haven't even seen my name in the SQInc credits. ;)

You got a special thanks credit between Rob and Team VSB. Might put you higher on the list on the next release for all the promotion you've been doing for us. :)

And yes, I was joking - although I do look forward to seeing an SQ3+ from somebody eventually!

And now we have "SpaceVenture", "Outer Edge of Earnon", and episode 2 of "SQ-1" to look forward to.

Ah. I'm confusing two different projects. Ages ago I remember someone developing a SQ-1 and SQ-2. I don't believe it was the same person who created SQ0, now that I think of it. I believe the demo assets he had uploaded were actually VGA rather than AGI as I was thinking. Is this that same person?

Ages ago I remember someone developing a SQ-1 and SQ-2. I don't believe it was the same person who created SQ0, now that I think of it. I believe the demo assets he had uploaded were actually VGA rather than AGI as I was thinking. Is this that same person?

I think that was Danny "Dee" Bloks and it was called something like The Prequels Saga.

I was involved in SQ -2 once, but left at some point.