Pledge Quest II: Noodle Shop of Horrors has arrived!

Apart from that, I've plastered it all over the Google+ page, the Space Quest group on Facebook -- and someone should really write a SQN front page news post about it. ;) (Okay, okay, I'll do it, but I'm off to a meeting in 15 minutes, so it'll have to be later today. I SAID LATER! Don't make me turn this spaceship around.)

Is it later today yet?

This was an awesome game. The cat was especially well drawn and animated I thought. Well done. Now I just have to figure out how to access that easter egg... :-/

Thanks! Glad to hear that you enjoyed the game.

I agree completely about Akril's animation on Vohaul; it's one of my favorite things about Pledge Quest II. I especially like the part near the end when he leaps out of the

. :)

Jess

Hey, folks!

There's a new addition to the Pledge Quest website. You can now take a behind-the-scenes peek at Akril's concept art for Pledge Quest I and Pledge Quest II. Here's a sample:

Posted Image

On a personal note, that's probably my favorite piece of concept art from the series. When it arrived in my inbox a few months ago, it was my first indication of what Pledge Quest II's cutscenes would look like. Needless to say, I was blown away by Akril's work -- even in sketch form.

Anyway, enjoy! Spread the word! Pledge some buckazoids to the SpaceVenture!

Jess

Pledge Quest 2 was amazing guys! Great job making it fun to play with so much humor. The artwork and music was awesome as well!

Thanks, Chris! We appreciate the feedback.

*SPOILER ALERT* Of course I gotta admit, I got some chills watching the Two Guys plan SQ1 in the game!!

The music cue featuring the first few notes of the Space Quest theme that plays during the big finale always gets me too. :)

Take care!

Jess

I'm sorry for not replying to this thread sooner, but thank you very much for the feedback, everyone! The amount of coverage this little game is getting is remarkable, and being part of this whole project is surreal, to say the least.

Regarding the SQ theme in the outro: I've mentioned this elsewhere, but at first, I was hesitant to use that music (since it's from SQ6, which wasn't technically a Two Guys project). However, In the end I figured, why let a little detail like that get in the way of an otherwise perfect piece for that scene?

I finally got around to playing this! :D

I'm truly astounded at the animation, artwork, and humor that went into this. It's nice when a sequel outdoes the original in the awesomest ways possible. And I especially the love the spoiler. Reminded me of ye olde "Pinky and the Brain" cartoons. I also really enjoyed the spoiler, the spoiler, and the spoiler as well.

You're so good at making these "short, but sweet" games, Akril. Although a hunch tells me you've got something even bigger in the works. ;)

I finally got around to playing this! :D

I'm truly astounded at the animation, artwork, and humor that went into this. It's nice when a sequel outdoes the original in the awesomest ways possible.

Thanks, Datadog! That kind of feedback makes all those times my wife said, "Can we talk about something other than Pledge Quest for five minutes?" totally worth it. ;)

And I especially the love the spoiler. Reminded me of ye olde "Pinky and the Brain" cartoons. I also really enjoyed the spoiler, the spoiler, and the spoiler as well.

That spoiler was there going all the way back to the original pitch (which directly referenced Pinky and the Brain as the inspiration). With Ron "Pinky" Paulsen on-board doing a voice for SpaceVenture, it seemed like a natural fit. NARF!

Jess

Because I have too much free time on my hands, here's my effort at compiling a complete list of pop culture references from Pledge Quest II.

GAMES

• Black Cauldron
  • Castle of Dr. Brain
  • Cat Quest series
  • Codename: ICEMAN
  • Cranston Manor
  • Day of the Tentacle
  • EcoQuest series
  • Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist
  • Gabriel Knight series
  • Half-Life series
  • King's Quest series
  • Laura Bow series
  • Leisure Suit Larry series
  • Monkey Island series
  • Myst
  • Pepper's Adventures in Time
  • Pledge Quest series
  • Quest for Glory series
  • Resident Evil series
  • Skyrim
  • Space Quest series
  • SpaceVenture
  • Time Zone
MOVIES
  • Back to the Future trilogy
  • Citizen Kane
  • Little Shop of Horrors
  • Night of the Living Dead
  • Office Space
  • Planet of the Apes
MUSIC
  • "Cat Scratch Fever" (Ted Nugent)
  • "Dancing on the Ceiling" (Lionel Richie)
  • "Incense and Peppermints" (Strawberry Alarm Clock)
  • "Lazy Sunday" (Lonely Island)
  • "Miracles" (Insane Clown Posse)
  • Justin Bieber
TELEVISION
  • 30 Rock
  • Breaking Bad
  • Cake Boss
  • Community
  • Dog Whisperer
  • Dr. Who
  • Game of Thrones
  • Hoarders
  • My Strange Addiction
  • Pee Wee's Playhouse
  • Pinky and the Brain
  • Real Housewives of Orange County
  • Top Chef
  • True Blood
BOOKS/COMIC BOOKS
  • Chronicles of Narnia
  • Flash
  • Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
  • Incredible Hulk
Gotta catch 'em all!

Jess

Something I should have mentioned earlier was that I used photos of a couple of my family's cats to create the calendar and the poster in Bea's apartment. Here's the full-size Cat Quest V: Apocalypse Meow poster (the border was cropped out, since there's no way that logo would be anything but a tiny blur once the poster was resized):

post-721-0-78910300-1351834724.gif

And here's the photo where I got the face for the poster:

post-721-0-58644900-1351834717_thumb.jpg

(Yes -- this dog is very confused and disturbed.)

I love the Cat Quest V: Apocalypse Meow poster! (This is the first time I've seen it outside of the game.)

Now that I think about it, the existence of Cat Quest V suggests that the Cat Quest series was popular enough in the alternate timeline to spawn at least four sequels. In turn, I wonder if a CatVenture Kickstarter also exists in the alternate timeline. If so, did Bea's actions in Pledge Quest II cause the CatVenture Kickstarter to fail? How do we know that Timeline A (the SpaceVenture timeline) is the real timeline, and not Timeline B (the CatVenture timeline).

My head hurts.

Jess

I love the Cat Quest V: Apocalypse Meowposter! (This is the first time I've seen it outside of the game.)

Thanks!

Now that I think about it, the existence of Cat Quest V suggests that the Cat Quest series was popular enough in the alternate timeline to spawn at least four sequels. In turn, I wonder if a CatVenture Kickstarter also exists in the alternate timeline. If so, did Bea's actions in Pledge Quest II cause the CatVenture Kickstarter to fail?

This makes me wonder if the Cat Quest series would have actually been cancelled in the first place, given how popular cats are in Internetland these days.