Superfan Hangout Thread

• 1 year later...

So, what weekend's good for you guys? ;)

Seriously. Joe from the Upper Memory Block podcast facetiously suggested a Space Quest I speedrun competition, and I said it could make for a fun Hangout. (And PCJ chimed in, "Shortest hangout ever.") But I thought, could be fun to start up SQ1, run through it as fast as we could, and then spend the rest of the time catching up and chatting with Joe. I'm sure we have plenty of talk about, now that it's been some time since the last hangout. A kind of reunion of sorts. :)

We were thinking the first weekend in October (ideally Saturday the 4th). At the same time as usual -- 8pm Denmarkian time -- or these times for everyone else: http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Space+Quest+Superfan+Hangout%3A+The+Reunion&iso=20141004T20&p1=69&ah=4

Who's game?

Personally, I prefer the VGA remake. Yeah that's right. You gotta problem with that? Huh? Huh?

You and Fronzel should start a fan club. ;)

But, to unnecessarily clarify: I wasn't suggesting EGA to spite those that like and/or prefer VGA. I suggested it because we're doing a speedrun and I would think it was important that we were all playing the same version. Leveling the playing field and all that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I spent the brief amount of time I was actually in the hangout asking for the link in the Q&A section. No joy.

EDIT: Aaaand I just realised that I actually was invited. It's been so long since I've been in one of these things that I forgot how they work.

I'm sorry to those of you who couldn't get in, and those of you who wanted to watch but didn't know where it was happening. I neglected to tweet out the YouTube link.

Here was the Hangout: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi6CsxIUzO0

Let's do another one soon. Josh Mandel sent a message saying he would've dropped in if he had known. :)