Something that DOES worry me...

[...] Of course, they're not gonna show off all the good stuff right now. Pope has written countless of times that Mark, especially, doesn't want to spoil anything major. [...] Ultimately, I suppose it's a "glass half-full, glass half-empty"-type thing. [...] It's a crowdfunded game, so it's literally based on goodwill.

(Just to point out, the following isn't criticism, it's merely a suggestion) I‘d say those three points combined are basically the key to every single bit of backlash that SpaceVenture is facing is at the moment. True, you could say that technically, TGA have no obligations to their backers. On the other hand, you can‘t blame the glass-half-empty-crowd for coming out of the woodworks at this stage to call a bluff when everything that‘s been released so far are a shoddy prototype, a few 20 second clips on youtube and a bunch of good intentions. Secrecy is all fine and dandy, but if some people are getting concerned/frustrated/angry/disillusioned, why not put the cards on the table?

Now‘s the time to put the SVRewards site to good use and share, share, share whatever you can about the game. What‘s the story? Who‘s the antagonist? What locations are we going to visit during the course of the game? What puzzles can we expect? Here, have a look at that new crazy inventory item we came up with! Putting up 1-2 Ken Allen-mp3s every month would be the icing on the cake! Don‘t want to spoil it for yourself? No problem! Just ignore the posts.

As the old Russian saying goes: Trust, but verify.

This is one thing I agree with. Communication could've been better, and they could've shown more. Ultimately, I'm not disappointed like others, but yeah, SVRewards kind of fell apart, after some updates that were relatively promising.

Even so, I do think people should bear in mind that it's a game they backed. The rest is just nice to have to me, but not obligatory. Some clearly feel otherwise. Maybe the biggest problem is that it turned out that Mark and Scott are very eager to keep a lid on potential spoilers, making the documentation of the process a bit unsuitable for Kickstarter to begin with. Lesson learned in any case, I suppose.

If something really does disappoint me about SV is the underuse of SWrewards site. It has at time had some pretty promising updates, but everytime it has looked like the use of the site woudl have turned meatier, it has kind of dwindeled out. I'd really love to see more concept art in there, more stuff about how designing an adventure game and the tools have changed over the years.

If something really does disappoint me about SV is the underuse of SWrewards site. It has at time had some pretty promising updates, but everytime it has looked like the use of the site woudl have turned meatier, it has kind of dwindeled out. I'd really love to see more concept art in there, more stuff about how designing an adventure game and the tools have changed over the years.

I could probably work up some code/engine stuff to throw up there if that sort of stuff interests anyone. Can't speak to the lack of other content really.

I might follow the World Cup. Considering the current body count, I think it's gonna be a doozy. Probably closer to Counter-Strike than usual, too.

Yeah, the PC Police is currently on a strike. Budget cuts.

Jokes about the World Cup aside, Corey Cole just posted a damn interesting comment with some fascinating historial information on the Kickstarter page. I realise the "If only it had been Ken Williams producing this..."-argument hasn't really cropped up here, but I still wanted to share this bit of insight.

Adding that to Troels' post above, I guess the morale of all this is "Shit happens". With an optional "Deal with it" postfixed ;)

I second that. I wouldn't mind a bit more insight into this framework and these tools you've been working on. It's probably been a while since someone put together a "pure" adventure game on a custom platform, rather than in the vanilla version of one of the readily-available engines. Could be fascinating to hear more about. Ironically, in that sense, the Guys are doing something very close to what Sierra would've done, at least on the technical level.

• 4 weeks later...