Paul Trowe criticism on Kickstarter update

It only proves that he's two-faced and considers the truth less important than making himself look good. You can't trust anything he says. And that hurts his whole company. I'm glad I'm not one of his backers. I'm sorry, Al and Josh and everyone are great over there but he spoils the whole group in my eyes, being the head of it all. I don't trust him or anything he's involved with.

Actually, maybe his appearance was timed just right. For all its incensing content, it's proven a good catalyst for gauging the true fans' reactions to the project status. From what I can gather, you still have faith that The Two Guys will deliver a game that will, by the very definition, deliver, instead of skimping on things to reach milestones.

So it appears speaking your mind gets punished by being kicked out of the club. Not only have I been asked to leave the team because I wouldn't take back what I've said here but I've been locked out of the Replay forums completely. I can't even read what's posted. All the time and effort I've put forth to help Larry get released was rewarded with a great big "Fuck you!" Thanks for showing your true colors, Paul. If you're still monitoring this thread then I want you to know I'm not supporting any future Larry games as long as you're at the helm.

Perhaps message Al or Josh on Facebook about the Replay forums?

I've written this on Facebook, but you guys really rock. It's deeply satisfying to see this happening and knowing that, in spite of everything, we're still taking the high road. Paul has brought this unto himself. I can only hope the adventure gaming press will eventually take this and run with it, as they did last time around.

This man deserves a lesson, and after all he's done to hurt good people I consider friends, I don't think it's petty of me to think so.

What a completely disappointing series of events. I still have a full on raging nerd boner over Space Quest it's going to be awesome. Serena I'm glad to have gotten to work with ya but I'm sure you've noticed I stopped volunteering my time with replay months ago without Josh Mandel there it wasn't the same.

What's happened to Josh Mandel?

I can't say anymore than what's been said already. I'm sorry you guys got punished so badly because of something that I thought was supposed to be an act of an average consumer and not the head of a company. Paul is a small man with a (temporary) big position. I can't believe how petty he's reacted to this.

I'm just glad in a way that this happened when it did, because it's showed me that there is still hardcore support for the game. Even though it may be late, it seems people are more willing to wait for a polished, finished product than to see something rushed getting pushed out there in the limelight and flop around for a bit. That's been one of the main concerns in the Andromedan bunker lately: that there would be a storm of negative or downright hostile backlash from fans from the coming announcement; the contents of which I think you've all pretty much guessed at this point (the game's late). From this rallying of support, it warms my heart greatly to see that that doesn't seem to be the case. At least not for this core group of supporters. :)

Thanks for the heads-up Frede. This thread is a great example of what the SQ community stands for. Paul is like a 4-year-old who doesn't understand why his brother's toys can't be his. This community is like the parent trying to explain those reasons to him. The only reason it means anything is because, if anything, it should probably be the other way around. Anyway, as I posted to Scott, Mark, and Chris on Kickstarter, GO TEAM!