What are you playing?

pcj

Glad you enjoyed them. Without TLC, there wouldn't be much of a fangame scene to begin with, so.I think we're the ones thanking you :)

I hope you do turn in an audition. It'd be fun. Our work on the talkie was kinda put on hold by all this SpaceVenture business, but I see we're slowly picking it up where we left off, and I would be honoured to have your voice in it.

• 2 weeks later...

Working my way *very* slowly (not because of difficulty but free time) through TM:TPD for the first time. I figured I owed it to the Tex guys B) I also just played the free What Makes You Tick. Turned out to be a good game. Played the demo for the sequel (or first game as the *first* game is described as a prequel) as well and I might buy it. The dialogue is a little rough sometimes but overall there's a neat story and good puzzles to keep you engaged.

• 2 months later...

After a long break, I finally completed Portal. Definitely one of the best games I've ever played. By the way, did you know that GLaDOS' "Anger Core" was voiced by the ever-amazing Mike Patton? Now, that's a voice actor I'd love to hear in SpaceVenture ;)

Along with that, I'm also finally picking up HL2 again, as well as the Black Mesa. I echo Brandon's sentiments (I think he mentioned it a while ago) wholeheartedly on the latter. It's mindblowingly awesome, and you should definitely try it if you're a fan of Half-Life.

Very similar to my experience. I almost prefer the 16 colour graphics now. Almost. The disk version is definitely superior, though. I don't really like the talkie versions much because it takes away from the experience of the soundtrack sometimes (where some timed sequences would be shortened or extended because we'd have to wait for the guy to finish saying his line).

This is my first time playing the CD-ROM version of KQ5. My only other experiences with the game involved the 16-color disk version, so this is my first exposure to the "full Cecrid effect." ;)

Jess

The "Cedric Effect" -- now there's a whole new phenomenon (well, not really) to describe an innate feeling of disgusted irritation.

Speaking of which, behold ... CyberCedric!

post-790-0-25215600-1350650724_thumb.png

And why? Well ...

Posted ImageDecaffeinated Jedi ‏@decafjedi

@TorbenFrost The fact that #CyberCedric isn't trending right now is incontrovertible proof that there's no justice in this world.

Damn straight.

Dear lord. Cedric has to be the most annoying Sierra character EVAR!

"The Madness of King Graham." 'Nuff said.

I've been gorging on Borderlands 2 lately; nothing like first-person shooting combined with Diablo-style loot to make you a complete addict. I've also played some good adventure games lately, including Machinarium, which I finally got around to buying. Great (and adorable!) game, if a bit heavy on the Layton-style brainteasers (which I suck at).

I also played a relatively new game called Deponia, which I'd like to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug. It's got a great art style, hilariously bizzare, Monkey Island-esque humor and puzzle logic, and a unique protagonist - a self-absorbed, oblivious jerkass who manages to be a sympathetic character despite having no redeeming qualities whatsoever. :D The German-originating game is translated into fully-voiced English (and well done voice acting at that), and aside from a few translation hiccups, the writing is very good (and very funny).

I firmly believe that anyone who likes Lucasarts-style adventure games will enjoy this one. :y: The finale ends on a substantial cliffhanger, but nicely enough, the sequel is only a couple of weeks away from release. Both games are (or will be) available DRM-free on GOG.com, so there's no reason not to give them a try. Tell 'em I sent ya. ;)

I also played a relatively new game called Deponia, which I'd like to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug. It's got a great art style, hilariously bizzare, Monkey Island-esque humor and puzzle logic, and a unique protagonist - a self-absorbed, oblivious jerkass who manages to be a sympathetic character despite having no redeeming qualities whatsoever. :D The German-originating game is translated into fully-voiced English (and well done voice acting at that), and aside from a few translation hiccups, the writing is very good (and very funny).

I firmly believe that anyone who likes Lucasarts-style adventure games will enjoy this one. :y: The finale ends on a substantial cliffhanger, but nicely enough, the sequel is only a couple of weeks away from release. Both games are (or will be) available DRM-free on GOG.com, so there's no reason not to give them a try. Tell 'em I sent ya. ;)

I actually got this game in a preorder deal with the sequel a couple of days ago and started playing it. It's fun so far and the comments on GOG are spot-on.

• 4 months later...

I completed "Journey" today. As far as art games go, this is it. I'm not afraid to admit it really moved me a lot, and if art is measured in emotional resonance, then this is definitely the best work of art I've ever experienced. It's been described by some reviewers as a "religious experience". Seems far-fetched, but in my opinion, that's actually pretty accurate. It's a short game (calling it a "game" is a bit too shallow), but it just touches you somehow.

Apart from that, I finally hauled myself through "Portal 2". Another great experience and also among the best games I've ever played. Along with that, I've been playing "Batman: Arkham Asylum" and "Batman: Arkham City". Both of which are also great, great games. If you've ever wanted to feel like Batman, those two games should satisfy you.

• 1 month later...

Right now, I'm playing through the Quest for Glory series for the first time. I wish I have started those game earlier, they are freaking great! :lol: Other than that I play a lot of Sierra and other Quests and various RPGs on the computer. A lot of Playstation 3, Metal Gear the most, but also Red Dead Redemption, Elder scrolls and Fallout. Some good old NES and SNES and Mega Drive (Genesis).

Don't to play all five games twice more when you're done as different classes. :)

I finally got around to playing the "Half-Life" games. If I hadn't heard such good things about the sequel, I would've quit halfway through that Ravenholm segment. Just wave after wave of poisonous head crabs! Gaaaahh! I'm glad I made it to that last level, though. When the game is doing something other than inducing panic, it's fantastic.

And this is just coming off playing the "Mass Effect" trilogy twice over with all the DLC (doing Adept and Engineer runs) and a full marathon of all the Sonic games. Next up on the block is "Jade Empire" after I take some time off from gaming.